horseback riding on St. John

Travel discussion for St. John
airtan38

horseback riding on St. John

Post by airtan38 »

My daughter is wanting to go on a horseback ride while on St. John. Does anyone have any recommendations? Do you get to ride on the beach?
Soggy Dollar here I come in June! Image
Pia

Post by Pia »

There is only one company to ride with and you do not get to ride on the beach :( but Dana runs a good stable :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
VirginBurger

Post by VirginBurger »

I found this on: http://www.stjohntraveler.com/activitie ... riding.php

"Here on St. John you can hire ... a horse ... and then go alone or with your friends ... into the scenic trails on the eastern end of the island. In addition to this, you are also given the opportunity to take rides on the beach, as tour guides here have made it possible to ride on the back of a horse or donkey at any time of day - or night - whether it is during the maudlin Caribbean sunset, in the middle of the day or even while the stars shimmer brightly overhead."

What exactly is this web site referring to? The guy above says no such thing as going off on your own, nor beach rides. Middle of the night?

Poster above also didn't list who "Dana" is and the company name or URL?

I found this: Carolina Corral
Coral Bay
(340) 693-5778
Guided horse & donkey trail rides. Small groups. Personal attention. Children's birthday parties. First time riders welcome.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hi there

I'm the above "guy" (actually I'm a "gal") and I have no idea who St John Traveler (.com) is - but there is only Dana at the Carolina Coral for horseback riding and you go with her on a guided ride no beach allowed. She has two rides per day one at 10am and one at 3pm.

Let me know if you are interested and I can book for you - that is what my company does along with (as many here know) boating, fishing etc (at no additional expense to you :) )

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

That strange listing from St. John Traveler sounds either completely made up or about a different island.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain