Jewelry

Travel discussion for St. John
LauraD

Jewelry

Post by LauraD »

I would like to buy a unique jewelry item while on island this July. Type of metal does not matter and would like some sort of gemstone(not into diamonds). Looking for anything but rings, I wear alot of earrings and pendants and occaisionally bracelets. I like to buy from locals and not something like Diamonds/Tanzanite Int(last time on island they were not there that I remember) . Also plan on purchasing some of Annie Casewell(?)donkey paintings. On previous inquiries I was told I could get them at the Donkey Diner(which I plan to go to for the donkey mess). Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Laura
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
You must be the change you want to see in the world
bevm

Post by bevm »

Check Freebird in Cruz Bay:
www.freebirdcreations.com
They have some really nice larimar pieces and larimar is the gemstone of the Caribbean. I have several pieces set in sterling and always receive compliments when I wear them.
Last edited by bevm on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

VIBE and Into the Blue (same owners) in Wharfside has some really unique gemstone jewelry. I also LOVE Caravan Gallery in Mongoose Junction. They have such a wide variety of beautiful jewlery in all price ranges.
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

You should stop in my store and say hello and have a look around. :D I own Verace in Wharfside Village. We have a lot of really different kind of jewelry in our store. Lots of small independent designers. There are quite a few jewelry stores on island. I'm sure you will find something just right!
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

My wife bought a charm necklace in wharfside with a larimar gem and a "keep left" pendant on our first trip to STJ. Each trip she then adds to the charm necklace with a petroglyph pendant, etc. It's a fun reminder of the island and a new tradition for her.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

go to www.anniecaswell.com to find out more and where she art for sale ---- she makes some knock-out jewelry too by the way!!
stjohnnewbie

Post by stjohnnewbie »

I bought a beautiful necklace from someone on Bordeaux Mountain. It has the larimer stone and is in the shape of some symbol having to do with St. John (forgot the specifics, sorry). The shop/booth owner and her husband design and make all the jewelry if I remember right.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

I agree with Gigi and I am saving for a bracelet to purchase in December, love their stuff!
Jen East End

Post by Jen East End »

Coral Bay Jewelers has a line of St John Beach Bracelets each of which represent a specific beach. If you have a beach that is special to you this could be a fun option too.
[/url]
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

I bought a beautiful necklace at TuTu Much on Bordeaux - larimar with a sterling silver petroglyph. I love it! Check out their designs at www.tutumuch.com
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

ccasebolt wrote:I bought a beautiful necklace at TuTu Much on Bordeaux - larimar with a sterling silver petroglyph. I love it! Check out their designs at www.tutumuch.com
where is this place? I like some of their stuff.
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

mbw1024 wrote:
ccasebolt wrote:I bought a beautiful necklace at TuTu Much on Bordeaux - larimar with a sterling silver petroglyph. I love it! Check out their designs at www.tutumuch.com
where is this place? I like some of their stuff.
It's one of the shops right next to Chateau Bordeaux - you can't miss it!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

stjohnjulie wrote:You should stop in my store and say hello and have a look around. :D I own Verace in Wharfside Village. We have a lot of really different kind of jewelry in our store. Lots of small independent designers. There are quite a few jewelry stores on island. I'm sure you will find something just right!
Julie -- on our February trip, my husband purchased one of those 17th Century shipwreck coin pendants from your store. He absolutely loves it! It was so unique. People are always complementing him on it, and he loves to tell the story behind it!
Tami
Image[/url]
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Verace is great. Another fave spot for unique jewelry is R&I Patton in Mongoose Junction. Their gold is pricy but their silver peices are VERY reasonable. Lots of their stuff is very representative of nature and STJ. I esp like their pendants and earrings.
*Another fine scatterbrained production