Can I make a 9:15am flight out of STT?

Travel discussion for St. John
petepie

Can I make a 9:15am flight out of STT?

Post by petepie »

I know this has been discussed before but I'm having trouble finding the answers using a search. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to make a 9:15 am flight out of STT and stay on St. John the night before? It would be a Saturday morning. TIA!
mkb

Post by mkb »

I did this last Thursday with no problem at all. I was on the 6:00 am ferry from Cruz Bay to Red Hook. Took taxi from Red Hook to airport. Arrived at the airport around 7:00 am. Was checked in, through customs and security in less than 20 minutes with plenty of time left over.

I did notice the line was growing behind me, so it might have taken longer, had I arrived just a bit later, but I still cannot imagine how you would not have plenty of time.

I'd rather get up in time to be on the 6:00 ferry than to spend my last night in STT.

Have fun!
bevm

Post by bevm »

I hope so because we have an 8:32 flight and we're taking the 6AM ferry to Red Hook.
petepie

Post by petepie »

thanks to all! good to hear.
Pia

Post by Pia »

No problem :)

Bev - I hope you have carry on only and do check in the night before and print boarding passes - I have taken the old AA 8:30 flight and one time it was 7:20 when I arrived at the airport and the line was huge - use a porter if you need (there were probably 150 people in line) and I had to check luggage - no way I would have been to the counter in 10 mins - but I always made the flight :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
bevm

Post by bevm »

We had afternoon flights Pia but they cancelled our direct flight and now we're on a connecting flight via Cape Air through SJU. We don't have much choice other that spending the night before in STT. I'm nervous about the time but we'll be sure to do what you advised. Don't we still have to check-in because of customs though?
Pia

Post by Pia »

If you check in online and print boarding passes you proceed straight to Customs no need to stand in line - pick up a Customs form when you land and have it filled out before you arrive (saves time) :) - you will be fine and there is always a porter if you need ($10 or so) and he will have you through in minutes

Realtor - St John Properties