First full day on island

Travel discussion for St. John
BillVT

First full day on island

Post by BillVT »

We'll be leaving in a week for St John and were discussing where to go and what to do for our first full day on island. For some odd reason this is a hurdle for us. After the first day everything just flows but we always have a tough time with that first decision. After talking about it we realized after checking our travel diaries that we usually do the same thing and never remember. I think it is an age thing.

We get a late morning start and usually head over to Francis Bay hiking in on the back trail to the far end of the beach. We snorkel out to the point, go against the current back, eat snacks, read, lounge on the beach and maybe take a second snorkel. We leave to head over to either Skinnys or Island Blues for a late lunch/early dinner. Then we head home for cocktail hour on a full stomach, play games and watch the sunset over St Thomas.

Do any of you have a first full day ritual?
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

I say don't ever plan anything!!! We never plan anything for any day except Sunday brunch at Miss Lucy's!! This past trip, our first full day was villa gravity because we partied too long at Island Blues after our long travel day!!! Enjoy your trip!!! 8)
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Doesn't sound like a bad first day!! Good beach, good food, good people and a nap - what else is there! All I know for sure is we will be underwater checking out the underwater beauties every first full day- counting down the days and getting very exciting. have a great trip! :)
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

Our first full day usually falls on the day of the Minimal Regata at the Beach Bar. So we usually walk into town for a breakfast at JJ's. Pick up the jeep at STJ Car Rental and head back to Lavendar Hills and chill by the pool until noonish. Hit the Beach Bar for a quick lunch and drinks, then chill out with friends on the beach watching the Minimal Regatta. Somehow the Preakness is the same day so we head over to Woody's for Happy Hour and drink more and watch that race in hopes of hitting it big. Up to the Quiet Mon for more drinks then the Banna Deck for dinner. By the time we hit the Bannana Deck we are all in chillax mode. Cross the street to the Beach Bar for more drinks then head back to LH for crash time. Wake up sunday morning in a haze then off to some beach.
Life begins where the land ends!
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

We are a lil foggy that 1st morning for some reason...might be the D and D and the excitement. But as we have kids and their fav is Hawksnest, it's lunch at Beach Bar and off to Hawksnest...and then see what happens
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Bigcheeze wrote:We are a lil foggy that 1st morning for some reason...might be the D and D and the excitement. But as we have kids and their fav is Hawksnest, it's lunch at Beach Bar and off to Hawksnest...and then see what happens

Our trips are getting close now!! sure hope we get to see you even if its just for a drink. We go out with Capt John on Friday Apr 1 but maybe you and Augie can make a plan!! :lol:
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Boston Mike wrote:Our first full day usually falls on the day of the Minimal Regata at the Beach Bar. So we usually walk into town for a breakfast at JJ's. Pick up the jeep at STJ Car Rental and head back to Lavendar Hills and chill by the pool until noonish. Hit the Beach Bar for a quick lunch and drinks, then chill out with friends on the beach watching the Minimal Regatta. Somehow the Preakness is the same day so we head over to Woody's for Happy Hour and drink more and watch that race in hopes of hitting it big. Up to the Quiet Mon for more drinks then the Banna Deck for dinner. By the time we hit the Bannana Deck we are all in chillax mode. Cross the street to the Beach Bar for more drinks then head back to LH for crash time. Wake up sunday morning in a haze then off to some beach.

Minimal Regatta is a great first day - see you there!
NancyB
sasky

Post by sasky »

Our first full day is usually a villa gravity day. Traveling wipes us out. We take the day to recharge so we can be good and ready to relax the days away on one beautiful beach or another. Tough life.
Lovermont

Re: First full day on island

Post by Lovermont »

BillVT wrote:Do any of you have a first full day ritual?
Hmmm... we don't have a ritual, but we usually hit the ground running. There's just so much to do. Last trip we got up, headed to Lameshur, and tried to find the White Cliffs trail to Reef Bay. (I'm pretty sure I posted the story about my trip to the hospital to receive 12 stitches.) I know you have that on your radar for this trip. Please, please, please let me know if you find the trail, and how it is, if you are indeed successful.
Have a great trip!
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

Our first full day is spent on Trunk...of course after a huge breakfast and some sort of morning adult beverage...ALWAYS Trunk though on the first day...
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

Lovermont you'll be the first to know if we make it or even try.