Weather watch

Travel discussion for St. John
ihochman

Weather watch

Post by ihochman »

As an old St Johner I know I shouldn't watch the weather reports but by chance I checked the long range forecast starting 2/17. It shows rain and wind for 2 days. I'm sure it won't rain all day but when you look at the picture and all they show is clouds with rain you begin to wonder and get a little nervous. Tell me I don't have to worry and that it'll all be fine. Thanks
loria

Post by loria »

oh ....please don't start me on this!!!
i just start to obsess and then it's all no good!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
scoob

Post by scoob »

That's too far in the forcast to worry..
I'd rather be in the VI than home with 3 feet of snow in my yard..
We've had an awful winter.. 138 inches of snow !!
God bless Central NY !!
If it rains ..I'll enjoy a nice long happy hour somewhere..
A few years ago- it rained so hard that we couldn't see the cruise ships from the Green House restaurant..
Thank God for happy hour !

Scoob
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

As a local VI resident and boater I have found -- weathercarib.com to have the most complete and accurate local forecasts and info -- looking a week out ahead - unless there is a visible storm center - is very hard to predict -- and really the weather has been great but dry.
kma27

Post by kma27 »

I, too, used to look at the long range forecast and get worried but it seems as though there is always a "chance" of rain in the islands so I just worry about the days that look like ALL DAY rain; but, hey, what can you do about it? In our October 2007 trip it rained (I mean poured) the last half of the week and I have to admit it was a complete bummer; but it hasn't done that to us in February for the last 12 years.
grandpainin

Post by grandpainin »

You do not have to worry. All be fine. :)