I must have been naughty...

Travel discussion for St. John
Nancie-Pa

I must have been naughty...

Post by Nancie-Pa »

I must have been naughty this past year. I had asked Santa to let me wake up Christmas morning on St John but here I am still in PA. :cry: Maybe next year.

What was your favorite gift this Christmas? Mine was having my son (and his Greyhound) here for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Oh...and the bottle of coconut rum a co-worker gave me. :wink:

Wishing everyone the best of holiday cheer!
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
scoob

nice present...

Post by scoob »

I had a nice visit with my Mom, she has dementia/alzheimers.
She was alert,in great spirits,funny, but still happily confused.
We gave her a nice box of chocolate - her favorite.
I left feeling happy ..very nice present to me.

Scoob
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Bottle of Cruzan black cherry just sitting there taunting me :?
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

My husband gave me what he described on the card as a "box of sunshine" It was a box full of Caneel Bay toiletries and Bobbi Brown Beach perfume.
Connie

Post by Connie »

My favorite gift was from my daughter. It's a silver bracelet that says Mother, Daughter, Friends. It took 31 years to get something like from her :o)

When the Eagles win today, THAT will be my favorite post Christmas present.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Christmas Eve with my 2 sons my girlfriend and everyone getting along laughing talking and enjoying each other I didn't know if it would ever happen again but it was great.
Tom
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Waterguy,
Great to hear that, Happy holidays, Enjoy it! you've earned it
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Best Christmas present ever!!! I got to watch my 20 month old grand son enjoy Christmas morning! He was so cool sqealing as he enjoyed each present one at a time, and discovering the little surprises that kept coming from his stocking was amazing! Both of my kids, my son-in-law, and my Mom were with us. Family is the most important thing!!! Enjoying this gift is priceless! Beyond that Capn Dan gave me a really nice dive light with the promise of a night snorkel in June!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

ok, hearing about you all enjoying your kids and grandkids melts my heart. Our only child is 5 yo and we are already talking about when he is older and future grandkids.....Truly the best gift.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I got some really nice gifts--ipad, prada backpack, la mer. It was shaping up to be a really nice Christmas until the phone rang at 10 PM. My favorite uncle died of a massive heart attack last night after shoveling snow at his home in the North Carolina mountains. He was only 60. This is the uncle I have mentioned before on this forum as having loved St. John as we do--he owned at Coconut Coast some years ago.

I'm really sad. I'd give back all my presents in a heartbeat to have him back with my aunt.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Waterguy, it is indeed good to hear that you rediscoverd a happy Christmas! :D

Becky, I'm soooo sorry to hear about your uncle's passing. It especially hits home, considering I'm 2 yrs. older than him! My prayers to you, your aunt and your family.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Oh Becky, it is always hard to loss a beloved family member but especially so when it they are too young. My sympathies.
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

Becky, sorry to hear of your loss. I too am quite a bit older than your beloved uncle.

We are all looking forward to our trip to St John in June and one of my two favorite gifts this year was a large framed antique style map of the Virgin Islands given to us by Son 2 and his wife.

The other favorite (and most unusual) gift was a framed gift certificate from the local "school of combat" for a concealed carry course for the two of us.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

liamsaunt wrote:I got some really nice gifts--ipad, prada backpack, la mer. It was shaping up to be a really nice Christmas until the phone rang at 10 PM. My favorite uncle died of a massive heart attack last night after shoveling snow at his home in the North Carolina mountains. He was only 60. This is the uncle I have mentioned before on this forum as having loved St. John as we do--he owned at Coconut Coast some years ago.

I'm really sad. I'd give back all my presents in a heartbeat to have him back with my aunt.
I am so, so sorry to hear this Becky. Thinking of you.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

liamsaunt I am sorry to hear of your loss. I never know what to say...I wish there was something I could say to make it easier, but I know there is not.

My best Christmas gift was definitely the new addition. Glad he made it here before xmas! Now all that "Baby's First Christmas" stuff makes sense :)

Watching my 9 year old make "snow angels" in the piles of wrapping paper.

Watching my husband be a father for the first time. He has stars in his eyes and I didn't even know I could love him any more than I did already.

And a BIG bottle of Moroccan oil! Now my hair is all shiny and smooth (even in the tropics!). Ladies, if you don't have some of this stuff, go get some!