In St. John April 21st - 28th

Travel discussion for St. John
Bug

In St. John April 21st - 28th

Post by Bug »

We have posted regarding this several times but no definete plans have been made...There are a total of 8 board members who will all be in St. John during this week and I would love to plan a gathering. Pleae note that I am an annal planner by nature. When in St. John, this side of me goes out the window but, I'm still at home. I believe there would be a total of 28 people in all from all over the US and Sweden (Karin). How fun would that be!!! This is what I have been able to get from past posts (please correct me if I'm wrong or add additional info):

JoAnn in VA - 20th/28th (2 people?)
PSWLRW (aka Paula) - 21st/28th (10 people)
Maggy (aka Karin) - 22nd/29th (2 people?)
SuefromMA - 21st/27th (2 people)
RickG - 27th/4th - (2 people?)
2CatLimit (aka Kathy) - 21st/28th (6 people)
B&JinVa - 22nd/4th (2 people)
Bugblue98 (aka Michele)- 21st/28th (2 people)

From what I see, with the exception of Sue and Rick, we should all be on the island at the same time. Do we want to set up a meeting place and time? We can actually set up 2 (one that Sue can attend and one that Rick can attend) and then everyone else can just pick which one or both that they want to come to. I'm thinking Monday 4/23 and Friday, 4/28. Does anyone have a suggestion on a time and place? How about 8-9ish at the Beach Bar? Later/Earlier? I don't know if anyone has a preference on time or place but please let us know if you do.

And...as a side line for RickG or Christine - can you tell me which beach you go to cuz I hate tan lines too but St. John does seem to have a an issue with that!! Hehehehe (Oh, and I guess Jorge will be changing his plans and visiting us now that he knows there are two people without tan lines on the beach - you kill me Jorge)

Hope to meet you all real soon!

Michele
Pia

Post by Pia »

What about me, what about me ......just cause I live here I now feel left out :(

(Just messin' with ya)

Pia
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Pia
You and Ruth should never feel left out. you are our connection to the island and are always invited I think of you as the leader of this gang of misfits. You are doing what alot of us don't have the guts to.
Tom
Bug

Post by Bug »

Oh yes, Pia ~ you were not left out (Ruth either). I just was stating that all of us wanna-be's will be there at the same time. I figured that you and Ruth would definetly come to see who the heck the crazy people are that you've been talking too!!
RickG

Re: In St. John April 21st - 28th

Post by RickG »

bugblu98 wrote:And...as a side line for RickG or Christine - can you tell me which beach you go to cuz I hate tan lines too but St. John does seem to have a an issue with that!! Hehehehe (Oh, and I guess Jorge will be changing his plans and visiting us now that he knows there are two people without tan lines on the beach - you kill me Jorge)

Hope to meet you all real soon!

Michele
We're in for Drinks on that Friday.

Uhhh, since we got ticketed in 2003 we keep a low profile. Kiddle Bay and Groot Pan Bay supposedly are not VINP beaches. Other than that, any beach you have to hike to has potential - Brown Bay, Reef Bay, Genti Bay. Solamon Bay used to be pretty decent, but they started enforcement there pretty hard core.

We've opted for private villas to work on the tan lines. We have a group of friends who love Orient Beach on St. Marten.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

I probably won't be able to make it on the Monday since that is our boat day, but Friday sounds like a plan!
Paula

Maggy

Post by Maggy »

I think Friday 28th will be perfect.

A stupid question from a newbie to STJ - Is the Beach Bar located in Cruz Bay? Is it possible to take a taxi from there to Coral Bay, where we stay. Or do they refuse to go this far at night?

Otherwise we'll have to take our own car. We just have to flip coins about who will have to be the driver :lol:
cat

Post by cat »

I agree on the private villa for no lines tanning. I go to the tanning beds to have no tan lines when I get there so it kills me to end up with them.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
cat

Post by cat »

If you have tan lines there is always a little spot that is missed by the sunscreen that ends up really burnt and I hate that feeling! All over means there is no way for that to happen if I am tan already!
2catlimit

Post by 2catlimit »

I think we have a date discrepancy. Friday is the 27th cause we leave on Saturday the 28th.
That's a good date for us.
Looking forward to meeting all you guys and girls.
We need "Hi, My forum name is....." stickers.
Kathy Henion
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
laurie

Post by laurie »

Would love to join in . Friday the 27th good for us,,,we are (2) till the rest of our group arrives on sat the 28th. Laurie
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

We're in! Just let us know when and where and we'll be there!

Jo Ann & Gregg in Virginia
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
SuefromMA

April 23rd

Post by SuefromMA »

Hi, Michele!

Thank you so much for trying to plan dates so that all of us might be able to meet some of our "forum family"!

My husband (Jim) & I would LOVE to be at the Beach Bar on Monday the 23rd around 8ish or so & enjoy a BBC or two and hopefully meet up with some of you.

Anyone else think they can make it that night?

How will we know each other??

Sue