vie's son

Travel discussion for St. John
samholtz

vie's son

Post by samholtz »

last year we did a charter with Vie's son and i have been trying to find out what the name of his charter company is and if he's still doing it.

does anyone know?
Pia

Post by Pia »

Captain Cleve :) I don't think he is doing it anymore as he took a job at the Post Office but I am sooo behind in island news that he might be back up again :) stjohnjulie will know so look for her reply - she will answer here I'm sure.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Pia

Post by Pia »

Here is his "old" website.........

http://www.localflavorcharters.com/
Realtor - St John Properties
mconnors1

Post by mconnors1 »

We had booked a trip with Cleve last year (he captained our boat with OceanRunner for the two years prior)and Cleve had to cancel because he now has a full time job.
He referred us to his friend Raymond who can be reached at 340-690-1251.
I would highly recommend Raymond, he was fantastic.
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

Ahhhh, Cleve, my man, I just love him to pieces!

Yes, he took a job with the Post Office and now has a hard time doing charters. He was hoping to have been hired as 'permanent' employee now, which would mean he would have a regular schedule. But no such luck yet (actually, he told me that some other people have been waiting years and years for this to happen)

He is still doing charters, but he can't book people that far in advance because he has to wait and see what his schedule is. He almost always has Sunday off, so if you can go on a Sunday, you will have a good chance. Us locals snap up all of his Sundays as fast as we can, but we also know there is a chance that he might have to cancel on us. To me, it's totally worth the risk.

www.localflavorcharters.com for some more info. The site is incomplete, and hasn't been updated, because he took the job with the PO. But you can still get some info off of it!

As an alternative, I also really like Mindy who is a guide for Ocean Runner. 340-693-8809 She is super laid back and just an all around nice person. And if Cleve recommends someone, I would say they are a good choice.