Where is this?

Travel discussion for St. John
KathyMN

Where is this?

Post by KathyMN »

So, in eager anticipation of another trip to STJ in January, I splurged and ordered a newer edition of "Off the Beaten Track", a new map, fish card, and the Steve Simonsen calendar as Christmas gifts. The calendar is beautiful. But one of the months shows an underwater pic, titled "The Ledges at Little St. James". I'm not familiar with this. Anyone know where it is? The fish are prolific. Looks like a fabulous place for snorkeling. Thanks for any help.

Counting the days...........
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Little St James is off the SE coast of STT and visible from the South side of STJ - it has a large house, some related structures and 2 flagpoles and is privately held by Jeffrey Epstein.
The ledges are on the SW side and there are a few moorings close by for diving and snorkeling.
It is 68 + Acres with an elevation of 142'
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

I'm fairly certain I've possibly snorkeled that spot twice now. I'd need to see it on a map, but Capt Phil has taken us to snorkel off of Little St James twice. If it's the same spot, there's also a neat archway you can swim through if you dare (and if the urchins aren't too big).

showing our daughter the island's resident cow was fun.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Little St. James is a favorite of Captain Phil and the dive boats. We've been there numerous times. If you can get a ride to it, it is worth the trip.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

KathyMN

Post by KathyMN »

Thanks so much for all of your info and clarifying the location. I think a trip w/ Capt. Phil might be in order on this next trip! Love to try new places to snorkel.