Crazy Cracker??

Travel discussion for St. John
NCSue

Crazy Cracker??

Post by NCSue »

Did I read somewhere that Crazy Cracker is now out of business? We were in there ONCE - truly Crazy! Just to drink - not to eat so I can't comment on food or wait staff. But the bar was TRULY insane!
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

It is out of business :( Anyone know what happened? We went there 2.5 years ago and had a great meal and fun time at the bar with the owners. Wasn't crazy/insane though when we were there!
Tam-MO

Post by Tam-MO »

There was a posting on ON-STJOHN that said that it is called Castaways Tavern now. A couple guys that that worked there bought it from the Crazy Cracker's owners.

Here is a link to the story:

http://www.on-stjohn.com/2010/08/27/new ... castaways/
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

We've been there a handful of times and there was nothing insane about it so I'm curious what your experience was NC Sue.

I actually really liked the place. The service was good every time we were there, they had good drink specials, and it was tame and quiet and you could watch sports. We aren't big drinkers but if they were having a drink special that appealed to us we'd stop by before or after dinner. I think we ate there once or twice too. And the bathroom was pretty decent by STJ restaurant standards.

It's too bad. I remember when the owners opened the place and they seemed so full of hope.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Yep it's gone, the new place is doing a happy hour similar to Woodys, dollar Miller Lites from 3 to 6 :)
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I hate to hear they went out of business. We were there in August, they were painting the hand rails going up the stairs. Its was kinda slow but was still early in the evening. I thought the food was really good and prices werent bad and would have definetly gone back. There was a group at the bar that were being kinda loud. Before we left some guy came upstairs and apologized to us and offered a round of drinks on the house. Which I thought was very nice of them....That place was on the lists for the next visit...oh well...:(
[/url]