EVERYBODY SING - Goodbye Earl!

Travel discussion for St. John
Lovermont

EVERYBODY SING - Goodbye Earl!

Post by Lovermont »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gw7gNf_9njs?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gw7gNf_9njs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
mit43

Post by mit43 »

Wish we could. He's coming for a visit tomorrow night! Hurricane warning went up this afternoon. We'll be singing it on Friday!
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Such a great song! Hopefully the east coast will be able to sing that unharmed in a few days!
BOATSRUS

Post by BOATSRUS »

Hey Mit,

I feel your pain brother...You guys are closer than we are to "The cone of uncertainty"...This "playing chicken" is no fun....back up to a Cat 4.....I have lived here all my life and have seen them do some crazy things....Diana in the fabulous 80's.. looked like it was coming straight up the river. she came up gave us a kiss and then backed off for about 24 hours.. just sat out there and churned... then she came up and knocked on the door pretty hard....

1996 was a very bad year also to say the least.. Fran and Bertha kicked our butts..

Stay safe buddy and have a plan to move to higher ground.....I won't be sleeping much till Earl passes on....then looking forward to the next one....
Take care,

Boats
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks
mit43

Post by mit43 »

Boats:

Fran & Bertha! Not my favorite 2 ladies! We lost 13 tress with those 2.

Thanks for the thoughts. Everything is secure and we do have a plan of retreat if Earl decides to take a more westerly route. Right now we look ok, but we know that can change quickly!

Stay Safe!
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
mask&fins

Post by mask&fins »

Wow! I got laughing tonight while watching this video thinking how I would have never guessed I would ever be watching a Dixie Chicks video on a ST. John USVI forum! Glad it is has left the area and it seems everyone is o.k. and working on recovering.

I truly hope Earl stays right/east and does not cause any more real havoc on land.
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

As I sing goodbye to Earl from St. John, I'll follow it with a really loud prayer for everyone on the East coast.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Greenskeeper

Post by Greenskeeper »

Earl has lost some windspeed- here's hoping that continues as it hits the Carolina's and makes a beeline for Cape Cod.