Bye Sox

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Jorge

Bye Sox

Post by Jorge »

A very sad day for me. See ya on the rock brother.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Did I miss some thing
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

Yea, bummer. And he was one of us who actually purchases from advertisers on VIOL. Interesting logic.

He will be sorely missed, at least by some of us, certainly not the forum police.
loria

Post by loria »

???? soxfan? what happened?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Sorry to see him go.
augie

Post by augie »

So, what's the deal? He still shows up on the memberlist, and his posts haven't been deleted. Did he make an announcement that he was done, did he get booted, or what?
Come see us!
The Mgmt.

Post by The Mgmt. »

The member has been given a time out.

The Mgmt.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

:(
Image[/url]
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
JT

Post by JT »

deleted
Last edited by JT on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Sumthin smells fishy. Reminds me of some bad dates I had back in highschool. :shock:
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

SJfromNJ wrote:
The Mgmt. wrote:The member has been given a time out.

The Mgmt.
Did you give him a spanking too?

Thats BS.
It is BS. I am done. Apparently the masses only want to have conversations with like minded people. When someone voices a different opinion there is a lot of whining about delivery and tone. Please. It is old.

Jorge, I am glad to see you back but I am out.

Gina
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

Can I have a time out to please? And a cookie?
augie

Post by augie »

I think what was BS is that sox was unable or unwilling to follow the rules of the board.

I could give a crap about the political pissing contests, and that's why I choose to stay out of them, but I do know that one of the reasons I frequent this board a lot less than I used to was the fact that sox often used the most tenuous and/or contrived connections to turn non-political discussions into his personal soapbox.

I hope that he'll take his "vacation" like a big boy and return when allowed to since he was often an interesting and engaging (understatement alert!) poster.
Come see us!
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

XOXO wrote: Apparently the masses only want to have conversations with like minded people. When someone voices a different opinion there is a lot of whining about delivery and tone.
2 points:

1: Hello potential advertisers. The preceding was not real; but rather a play that's been played out in 47-million acts since the mid 2000's.

2: There's some merit to that point. There are a lot of people who don't want to be disagreed with. It makes them feel uncomfortable to have a differing opinion presented. But, as I said last week, when it devolves into what used to happen in the backseat of my parents' s cars in the mid 1980's "He's touching me!!!", nobody wins. Argue nicely and we can all get along.

Remember folks, we can all rally together when we need to. We've shown that we can. The puppies on St John know that we can. Play nice and share your toys