Dear Amy

Travel discussion for St. John
greyhoundmom

Dear Amy

Post by greyhoundmom »

I have seen all the posts and pictures of you and John during your adventures on STJ. Like so many, many of your forum friends, I will say that your loss makes me very sad. I never had the opportunity to meet you but I feel, like everyone else, that we wish we could have had a moment or a drink with the two of you. John was such a wonderfully sarcastic and bizzare poster! My small tribute to John, in July, is walking the dogs at the animal shelter. I plan to go several days and I will think about you each time. Peace to you during this difficult time. Jan
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Hey, Not to butt in but Amy is a little sick right now and it might take a couple of days for her to check in. Sorry to butt in, just saying. Luvya, Jorge
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Thanks, Jorge. You aren't butting in. We just wanted her to know the greyhoundguys are thinking of her.
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

I have been checking in with my forum family, reading, crying, laughing but most of all just thinking in utter amazement of how loved you all make me feel and how much kindness you have all shown. I really have no words to say how grateful I am. John and I used to call ourselves thread killers :lol: Never could I imagine the outpouring of love and support or that he would have a memorial page on the ACC or that so many would honor him in such a way. At home we mainly kept to ourselves. It was just him and I and our cats in our little world aside from the once a year trip to hang out with friends in the Virgin Islands. I bet he is up in heaven shaking his head in amazement too. Our business is a lonely one, the dogs and cats don't talk much but even our clients have amazed me in their support and there are going to be so many coming to the service. I had never realized the impact he made.

Thank you to everyone who posted, sent pictures, helped with song suggestions, donated, called, e-mailed, sent sand and water from St John!, and especially thanks to Ruth, Barbara, RickG and the St John ACC for setting up the wonderful memorial.

Barbara has been a friend in deed as she has kept me going through her e-mails and phone calls of support. Thanks Anthony for letting that crazy Jorge back on the forum. No one with a wife so loving and caring could be that bad. Not to blow his cover but he is just a big teddy bear too (a crazy, say-whats-on-his-mind teddy bear).

It just goes to show you that the people that come to this forum and visit the USVI are some of the most caring in the world. I'm glad John and I were able to experience this kind of love and friendship together. The beauty in your hearts matches the beauty of those islands.

Love you,
Amy
When will I see St John again?
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

I am replying to say, "you are welcome."

...........and to keep you from being a thread killer. :wink:

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....