Are there any Lake George peeps around here?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
mbw1024

Are there any Lake George peeps around here?

Post by mbw1024 »

Anyone live in or know this area? We take my FIL up there every year so that he can visit his grand kids and also his daughter's grave. We go in route to Maine and stay over one night. He always want to take the grand kids out to dinner some place nice. It ends up being Log Jam EVERY time. Anyone have any other recommendations?
We always stay at the Holiday Inn because our niece works there and gets us employee rate rooms. So something in close proximity to the village works for everyone.
Anything?
loria

Post by loria »

I cannot vouch for this but the friends lake inn might be worth a peek?

friendslake.com

not sure if this fits your bill though...
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

it fits my bill but no one else's! :roll:
loria

Post by loria »

then maybe the grist mill? there are a couple of options at the sagamore (but they will be fussy) and an italian (pizza) place I think called cates?--
there is a german american place too....(pumpenickels?)

hope that helps.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

my FIL loves German. I will check that and Grist Mill out. Thanks!
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

OMG, I grew up in Queenbury which is just south of Lake George. Moved away 25 years ago....and get this, I worked in the Log Jam for a high school summer job for two summers! I can't believe that place is still there!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

surfnh wrote:OMG, I grew up in Queenbury which is just south of Lake George. Moved away 25 years ago....and get this, I worked in the Log Jam for a high school summer job for two summers! I can't believe that place is still there!
LOL - it is!
:wink:
Bluwater

Post by Bluwater »

We go and stay at the Sagamore, so take my recommendations with that in mind because we don't leave the resort much. We like "Mr Brown's Pub" at the Sagamore. Good food and tons of atmosphere.

Enjoy Lake George!
Bluwater
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

We tend to stay a the Lamplighter Inn in Lake Lucerne. It's a B&B and is a couple exits away from Lake George....far enough away that the crowds thin out. If you like fine dining and don't mind paying for what you get try the Inn at Erlowest. It's in a former mansion right on Lake George. Get there early enough to enjoy a drink on the patio overlooking the lake....gorgeous views and they usually have a fire in the outdoor fireplace at night. I treated my husband to the chef's table there last year....pretty pricey but what an experience!!
oldbuddy

Post by oldbuddy »

We've been to Lake George many times. We are going again this August. We usually have a big group, old to young and have found George's Reataurant to be very accomadating. The food is good and the menu is extensive. Check it out online. It's at the south eastetn tip of the lake.
What others think of you is none of your business.