Caribbean Villa Rentals

Travel discussion for St. John
patr

Caribbean Villa Rentals

Post by patr »

Hey Everyone!

I found a villa I would like to rent, but it is only listed through Caribbean Villas.

We have never rented from Caribbean Villas - trying to avoid the upcharge and all - do they have an office on island? Or do they just contract with an individual? What if there's a problem - is someone on call?

We are used to dealing with management companies on island or the villa owner directly. I am feeling a little hesitant to book - am I being silly?

Would appreciate your thoughts and/or experience with CV.
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

We rented a unit at Cruz Views through Caribbean Villa Rentals last December.

We were pleased with their service . . . pickup at the car rental location; they do have an on-island office. We stored our luggage at their office on our last day on STJ.

Cruz Views is okay. Not the fanciest spot on the island, but good sunset views from the units and the pool. Some units better than others. If you don't mind the hill, you can walk to/from town. Contact me directly for more info.

TM
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I've rented from CV 3 times and all my experiences have been good. I agree about the $500 fee but I wanted the house so I went for it. I think their prices are fair and that other rental places work that extra price into the cost of the house. Their main office is in Maine and I've spoken/emailed them directly and they've been very
attentive and professional. All questions were answered quickly and any problems solved. They do have an office on island near the Lumberyard I think. They pick you up at the ferry and take you to your house like the other rental companies. If you've found a house you like give them a try. I'm going back in Feb and have rented through CV again. No fear.
2muchsnow

Post by 2muchsnow »

We rented through them for the same reason, villa we wanted was only available through them. There is the upcharge, but agree with ihoch - the other prices are comparable once you figure that in. Had great service, quick to answer questions. Villa was as advertised, would rent through them again no problem.
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

They have an on-island office in the Lumberyard complex. We've rented several times from them and didn't have problems.

We will be staying at a villa that is on their website, but we are renting from another company and ended up avoiding the 5% service fee that CV charges. The villa is not managed by CV anyway. If the villa had been listed only on CV's website, we would've rented it from them.
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

I agree with all comments- we just rented from them in Feb and they were great. Office in Lumberyard, on-site management available, were very attentive and we would rent from them again.
patr

Post by patr »

Thanks everyone - I contacted them and I am going to book.

Woooo Hoooo!! - now gotta find a deal on airfare.
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~