Pensacola Beach

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
vi lover

Pensacola Beach

Post by vi lover »

Taking DW and DD's aged 13 and 15 to Pensacola Beach this Summer. Have never been there. Staying at Hilton on the Beach. Anybody know of some "must do's" outside of relaxing at the beach? We're thinking about driving over to Big Kahuna's water park one day. Otherwise - looking for ideas (especially evening hours ideas - we pretty much camp out at beach during the daytime). Thanks!
BirdsofParadise

Beautiful Beaches!

Post by BirdsofParadise »

Having lived in Panama City Beach for several years, I know that area well. A site you might want to see is the US Navy Air Museum. Another is one of the largest outlet malls just east in Destin. You can ride east on US 98 right along the beach. That hwy is filled with great resteraunts and attractions. If you are golfers you can't travel 5 miles without seeing a course. Enjoy!
michele

Post by michele »

Seaside is a great little town, down 98 toward Panama City, on 30A. This is where they filmed part of The Truman Show. All along 30A are little towns....Seagrove, Grayton, Watercolor, Seacrest, Rosemary.....Makes a nice day trip.
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

I lived there for a few years but it's been a loooong time, so I don't remember much. The place I loved the most though, was McGuire's Pub. I think it's still there. It's not on the beach - you have to cross the bridge to Gulf Breeze and then cross the bridge to Pensacola and this place is very close to the bridge.

Their hamburgers are the things legends are made of. Try the Garbage Burger. Your kids will never forget it!
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

Thanks for the ideas everyone! Kids are SO tired of school by now and planning the Summer vacation is helping them get through their final weeks.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

We are opting for a trip to this area to save money this May. We'll be staying on Okaloosa Island. Vicki it's great to hear you recommend McGuire's, other's have said the same, but your opinion means it must be good! :-)

Have a great trip and thanks for the other suggestions on the thread!