COLD!

Travel discussion for St. John
Tracy in WI

COLD!

Post by Tracy in WI »

I heard it's a bit chilly on St. John, but the temperature on the webcam says ZERO degrees! BRRRRRR! (Why are people still wearing shorts?) Keep warm down there! :wink:
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Yep, it's a cool 78 degrees this morning according to Capt John !!!! Better get your coat out!!!! :lol:
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

You think Capt. john has an ice scrapper on that boat? :shock:
Life begins where the land ends!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

If you look at the satellite image of the Caribbean, it appears that the USVI's will be getting a good deal of rain for the next few days.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
carron

Post by carron »

It's been cold and rainy since yesterday. Tomorrow was supposed to be mostly sunny but now they say the front has stalled. The stores and bars are doing a booming business!!
Captain John

Post by Captain John »

lazylane wrote:Yep, it's a cool 78 degrees this morning according to Capt John !!!! Better get your coat out!!!! :lol:
78º was the forecast, it's actually only 70 outside my window. I'm trying to coax my 2 cats into lying on my feet.
Captain John

"I live the life I love and I love the life I live"
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

Our thermometers don't actually register anything below 70 degrees. Because to us, it might as well be freezing if goes below 70 :lol:
LMG

Post by LMG »

Several people have said to me "oh no, it's going to ruin your trip if it's cold and rainy." Um, it hasn't even BEEN 60 degrees in Colorado this year. I will live.
Besides, those people in the hammock at Soggy Dollar really look like their trip is ruined. So sad. ;)
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We arrived home last night.

For the first time in 15 years, I will admit to actually feeling cold both Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. The temp on STT (while we were in the taxi) was 72 degrees. 72 and sunny, great! 72 and rainy, with windy and yeah, I was cold enough to put on capris and a long sleeve shirt.
TouristTrapCheryl

Post by TouristTrapCheryl »

stjohnjulie wrote:Our thermometers don't actually register anything below 70 degrees. Because to us, it might as well be freezing if goes below 70 :lol:
True that, Julie!!!

Here's what people are saying: "March 7th 2010: 69˚F was the low in Great Cruz Bay but the wind chill factor brings it down to 60˚F"

Monday March 8th 2010 & it's HOT again. Nice & breezy, a little overcast, but best described as a lovely day.
-cheryl