Villa Maria

Travel discussion for St. John
Rbaron721

Villa Maria

Post by Rbaron721 »

Has anyone stayed at Villa Maria in Great Cruz Bay? 12 months ago, I read on the forum that there was contruction nearby. Has anyone stayed there in the last 6 months?
Russ
LovetoTravel

Post by LovetoTravel »

I have not stayed there in the last 6 months, but I have stayed at Villa Maria. They were actually building a villa beside of us when we were there. It really didn't interfere too much with our good time!! LOL!!! they usually work on island time so they were at the construction site late and left early. Most days we were out and about anyway. Hardly noticed they were doing construction.

I love Villa Maria. It is not fancy but the views were AWESOME!!! GREAT SUNSETS, too!!! there are 2 bedrooms in the main house and then there is a separate master bedroom off by itself that overlooks the pool and bay. this is the room we stayed in. LOVED IT!!! I definitely would recommend Villa Maria.
Rbaron721

Post by Rbaron721 »

LovetoTravel wrote:I have not stayed there in the last 6 months, but I have stayed at Villa Maria. They were actually building a villa beside of us when we were there. It really didn't interfere too much with our good time!! LOL!!! they usually work on island time so they were at the construction site late and left early. Most days we were out and about anyway. Hardly noticed they were doing construction.

I love Villa Maria. It is not fancy but the views were AWESOME!!! GREAT SUNSETS, too!!! there are 2 bedrooms in the main house and then there is a separate master bedroom off by itself that overlooks the pool and bay. this is the room we stayed in. LOVED IT!!! I definitely would recommend Villa Maria.
Thanks for the reply. I definitely chose this place for the views. When were you there last?
Russ
LovetoTravel

Post by LovetoTravel »

it has been about 4 years. I almost booked it again for our trip in April but I wanted to try the other side of the island. I hear so many good things about Coral Bay.

I don't think you will go wrong with Villa Maria. It really has a GREAT pool, too. My brother and sister-in-law pretty much stayed the entire trip at the villa by the pool. my husband and I like to explore so we were out and about during the day.

ENJOY!!!
The views are wonderful!!!
hotrns

Post by hotrns »

We stayed there last April (week after Easter) and had a great time. There was some construction way down on the water edge but I never heard any noise from it and there was nothing going on close by. The view was FANTASTIC, the pool excellent, the breezes fine, and we had no problem with privacy. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!