Where exactly will the bus take me?

Travel discussion for St. John
jayseadee

Where exactly will the bus take me?

Post by jayseadee »

Does the bus out to Coral Bay go as far as Salt Pond? Does it go off toward the East End?

If I remember, it is $1 each way and runs about every hour - what are the approx times that it starts and stops?

thank.
janet
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Yep goes all the way to Salt Pond for a buck. We used it our first trip. Not sure when it leaves exactly someone will chime in.
toni

Post by toni »

Can someone tell us where you pick it up in Cruz Bay?
Thanks.
loria

Post by loria »

it starts at the ferry (or it did) and goes up the centerline.
turns off at 107 and goes out to salt pond--it doesn't go to the east end.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

Anyone know about how long it takes for the bus to get from Cruz Bay to Salt Pond? Is it reliable to get us back to Cruz as well? Are there taxis to take us back if the bus doesn't come back?
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

You're not going to find a taxi out at Salt Pond. No way! Ask the bus driver when he/she will be back and hope that he/she is actually going to be there.
TrvlJohn

Post by TrvlJohn »

loria wrote:it starts at the ferry (or it did) and goes up the centerline.
turns off at 107 and goes out to salt pond--it doesn't go to the east end.
Actually, it goes out past Skinny's a short way and then turns around. I don't know if it does that before or after it goes out to Salt Pond, but I know it goes by Skinny's every now and then each day...Saw multiple people get on the bus outside of Skinny's last summer.
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Thanks all.

I guess if the driver doesn't come back to get me, I'll be doing my own version of 8 tuff miles :roll:
janet
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Just took it from Cruz Bay to Salt Pond last Saturday. We were dropped off just past 4PM and the driver told us to pick it back up in 2 hours. They were right on time. Best deal on the island.
ms411

Post by ms411 »

If you're planning on trying the bus, I wouldn't do it late in the afternoon, because the bus breaks down frequently. Best to do it in the morning, so if there's a problem, they'll hopefully work out a solution before the day is over. They don't always have a back-up bus, sometimes they don't have gas, or somebody might not show up for work. It's great when all the bus gods align, but it's very stressful when they don't. Besides, if the bus breaks down, the air conditioning usually goes out with it, and you're sitting on that road in the heat. Carry water!
I Like to KIS (Keep It Simple)