Anyone been inside a Sirenusa villa?

Travel discussion for St. John
alw1977

Anyone been inside a Sirenusa villa?

Post by alw1977 »

I know, I know, this is a completely non-PC question around here. However, one is for rent on VRBO and it fits our needs and price point. It is merely in the running. Wondering if anyone has seen one in person and can share any details.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I don't have any info on the units but I am just curious for anyone who may - is the complex finished? The last thing I remember is seeing pictures that made it appear that the construction work came to a stop, leaving it an unfinished mess.
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

That is precisely why I was asking. According to the owner, some of the villas are occupied, some still need interior finishing, and the ground cleared for condos looks like it will stay that way indefinitely. Condos likely not coming. The house is really nice though.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

:) Would you mind sharing the listing number
on VRBO ? I also would like to look at this
villa...had same questions as you...but
didn't want to ask. :oops:

Thanks,
Sherry
" I believe there's Magic here...."
TropicalFocus

Post by TropicalFocus »

My wife and I have both been in multiple Sirenusa units. Some are ready for renting and those finished units are beautiful. The property has a gated entry and we have had no reason to visit it in the last few months, though. We assume if the owner is listing their property on VRBO it is one of these finished units. Come on down and visit!
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

Here is the listing: http://www.vrbo.com/202532

I have no doubts the villa itself is in top form. I do, however, wonder if our view will be of scraped earth and unfinished construction. I was more wondering what the overall feel is from those who have visited - does the entrance and common area feel like an active construction site or a finished product?
kirk

Post by kirk »

As I painted that unit, I know it well. It's the nicest unit up there IMHO. As it's at the very top of the complex your view should be of Cruz Bay out to Great Cruz Bay and not of the bare ground below the unfinished units. Would I rent there? No. Get a villa instead. Kirk
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

Thanks Kirk - think we decided against it for a variety of reasons. I appreciate your honest input.