Please recommend a 1/2 day fishing charter!!!

Travel discussion for St. John
pipergal

Please recommend a 1/2 day fishing charter!!!

Post by pipergal »

Hello fellow travelers
I am looking for some feedback on any 1/2 day fishing charters. Cruz Bay or Coral Bay okay, and are you able to bring home any of your catch?
Thanks in advance
Pipergal
Pipergal
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

You usually only get enough fish for a meal - if you go out and catch a few tuna or Wahoo they are going to be sold by the crew - so make sure to ask first. Fishing questions seem to go wanting around here - I always recommend my personal friend Jonathan Gatcliffe from Double Header Sport Fishing in St. Thomas. I am pretty sure they will come and pick you up on St. John.

http://www.doubleheadersportfishing.net/

Jonathan was my neighbor for a while when we lived on St. Thomas - he has a bunch of captains so you will have to request him if you want him - not sure how much he goes out anymore but he does have a great crew. You should get a few people if possible - these fishing trips are not cheap!
Last edited by Anthony on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
baseball0717

Post by baseball0717 »

I SECOND DOUBLE HEADER. WENT OUT WITH THEM IN 2008.HAD A
GREAT DAY .
Pia

Post by Pia »

Try Capt Cleve with Local Flavor - sorry I don't have his number as I am in Minneapolis but do a search either here or Google :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
NoTanLines

Post by NoTanLines »

Here is the link to Capt. Cleve's website http://www.localflavorcharters.com/index.html His phone # is 340-513-1431.

We've gone out twice with him on a day trip for snorkeling and drinking in the BVI's. He's great. He grew up on the island and knows where all the great fishing spots are. The next time we go down with a group, I'd like to go out fishing with him. :D
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

I spoke with a guide my last trip, and he said be sure to book for the second half of the day. He says first half is really slow. If you book the second half you get to stay out a little longer too.
AGMcGill

Post by AGMcGill »

My husband and his friends went on a charter with Double Header and had a great time. I know he would recommend them.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I to recomend double header we got 20 lbs of fish to take home tuna and mahi afternoons are better for those if you have to go in the morning tell the captain you don't care what you catch we went out one morning we were all tired from catching fish King's, popanao, mackerl, grouper,baracuda and jack's there were only acouple of eatable fish that trip but we had a greeat time I don't think we went more then 5 min with out a fish on. I was suprised that we only had 2 lines out I firstmate for charters on lake michigan and we will run 12+ lines after fishing for a while i can see why it was so fast they wouldn't have had time to bait and run any more
Tom