I finally registered!

Travel discussion for St. John
Lindy

I finally registered!

Post by Lindy »

I've been lurking on this site for a number of years now so I figured it's time to step up and be recognized as the St John obsessed beach bum wannabe that I've become.

I actually found out about Paradise from my adult daughter several years ago when she was recommended to visit one of the eco camps. I bribed her with three days at Maho if she would spend a few days with me and some girlfriends at a different place. (Sorry, didn't want to deal with cold showers and walking a mile to the bathroom at 3 AM.)

The girlfriends and I got hooked...what can I say, YOU all know what it's like. We raved so much that we had to allow the menfolk to come too. The first year there were 4 total, 7 the second year and we just returned from our third trip with 11 total. (The daughter and her boyfriend joined us.)If we keep up at this rate we'll empty our little New England town and have rent the entire island eventually.

I have to thank everyone here for the excellent information that I've garnered over the last few years. My friends are amazed at the little details that I've been able to glean ahead of time. We used Rachel Brown as our taxi driver this last trip (wonderful lady!) and she asked me to thank Xislandgirl for posting her name here - she apparently gets lots of referrals from this site.

That's enough introduction for now - don't want to bore you all. I'll have to figure out how to do a ticker....we're already talking about NEXT year. Again...you guys already KNOW how that goes. :wink:
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

WELCOME LINDY! Glad you came out to play~
How was your trip with 11? Did you all stay at the same place together? :shock:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Welcome Lindy! :D
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Not boring at all.
Welcome!-and always-
Smiles-
MJ
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

My daughter and her BF stayed at Serendip which they REALLY liked - especially for the price. The rest of us stayed at Vistaero. Great location, great views, but the place definitely has some maintenance issues. Maybe the owner has let things go since it was put up for sale? Being my third visit I'm used to things not being quite the Ritz, but it was hard for some of the other newer folks to understand why everything wasn't in perfect condition even though they put cost up as one of the main priorities. Next time I'll show them the $20,000 a week villas.....hahahaha!!! That'll fix em. I'm going for the beaches and the beauty, not the accomodations so I can manage just about anywhere. Except maybe the eco-camps with cold showers and group bathrooms - especially since they aren't that much cheaper than a place with warm showers and private bathrooms.
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Welcome out of lurkdom Lindy!

GG
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Welcome!
*Another fine scatterbrained production