Okay, I'm getting excited.

Travel discussion for St. John
AnyTing

Okay, I'm getting excited.

Post by AnyTing »

Gromit pointed out that although we still have a few weeks to go...we only have 10 work days left before our sailing adventure with Scubagirl.

:D

Gromit and I are sailing virgins...I think...Gromit, are you a virgin? Anyway, we are finding it hard to concentrate on normal things like work and Thanksgiving, so to help feed our addiction, I thought I'd see if you experienced sailors could throw us some fun tips. Anything we need to make sure we bring? What's the best way to deal with it when Gromit gets tired of my constant chatter and tries to tie me to the dinghy with a bungee? Do I really need all those zip loc baggies?

And Kellee...could we see that pole dance again? Gromit and I need to practice.
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Can't wait for this trip report :D Ya'll have a great time. I have some practice on the pole. I could show ya but Kellee is way better she has some really good advanced moves that I could never pull off :lol:
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Does this remind anyone else of Girls Gone Wild?
Have a great trip.
Lovermont

BB - Sunday, December 13

Post by Lovermont »

No advice here, but wondering if the Tres Virgins will be attending the Forum Gathering at the BB on Sunday, December 13. I'd really like to meet you guys, and by that time you'll have all sorts of stories to share.

Keep us posted.

Lovermont
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I wouldn't go so far as to say I am experienced but my grandparents kept a sailboat while I was growing up.

One thing that sits in my memory is that when "things" are happening like pulling into the dock, catching a ball, etc. you do exactly what the captain tells you.

If you have an assigned task, do it. If you don't, sit down, shut up and don't get in the way.

Crawling around trying to grab another beer, acting up with other passengers, blocking views while the captain was trying to concentrate was a sure fire way to fray nerves.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I cannot wait for this trip report. Have fun ladies!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Bring LOTS of sunscreen. The sun is much stronger on the water. I still have a mark on my cheek (that's the face cheek not the other) where I burned so badly on our first charter years ago.

Another thing that was very helpful was a prescription motion sickness patch. I used it the first 3 days I was on the boat and it really helped alot. That charter was a monohull so there was lots of motion to get used to. After 3 days I was fine.

I'm sure you girls are going to have a great time.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

You are in for the the best time of your life! Yes, you need all those baggies.. unless you jump in the water every time you need to go to the bathroom! LOL! Take EXTRA pairs of sunglasses! Have the wings at Pusser's in Soper's Hole.

I wanna' go again!!! :D
Last edited by California Girl on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Husband and I are going to do in 2011. I'll look forward to hearing your trip report.

Can somebody please explain what the baggies are used for...and why?
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
California Girl

Connie, you can't flush paper down the toilet on a boat... need I say more about what the baggies are used for? :oops: :lol:
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

California Girl wrote:Connie, you can't flush paper down the toilet on a boat... need I say more about what the baggies are used for? :oops: :lol:
I was waiting for someone to ask!

One of the many reasons why my husband couldn't deal with a boat vacation.
California Girl

Actually, that's the only thing that sort of grossed me out before we went, but it wasn't bad at all. Really. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

I can only think of one thing you might be missing....

ME!

:wink: :wink: :D :D
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Don't argue with the Captain!
janet
lust4life

Post by lust4life »

We have this planned for May and cannot wait!! I was unaware of the baggie situation, I think I'll forget to tell hubby cuz he's not gonna like that part.