Totally freaking out

Travel discussion for St. John
djmom

Totally freaking out

Post by djmom »

Ned wants to do a last minute trip to STJ for Thanksgiving!

I am totally freaking out. I don't know how I can pull it off. But I don't know how I can turn it down!

Trying to find pet care. Why do we have a dog, a cat, a bearded dragon lizard, a gerbil and a hermit crab!!!! Too many freakin' animals!

I think I found a kennel, our regular place is full. They probably stink, but the dog will forget after it is over, right?
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
lprof

Post by lprof »

Dont freak... skip the stink... just GO!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

How wonderful!!! Yes! You definitely must go! Do you have a neighborhood teen who could come in and take care of the animals?
Dogs are very forgiving. Fagettaboutit....
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

How wonderful! You will have a terrific time.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
toni

Post by toni »

I know that flight prices have been down if you fly out the day of thanksgiving anyway.... good luck on the planning!
swoop

Post by swoop »

Yea, GO! I'd do anything for my fiscally conservative wife to agree to a last minute unplanned trip!

:?
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Swoop, we ought to fix up your wife and my husband! :roll: :lol:
Pia

Post by Pia »

Wooo Hooo - come on down :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
djmom

Post by djmom »

now to find a villa...hope to find someone ready to negotiate~ and it be more "last minute" than this??
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
swoop

Post by swoop »

Should be a last minute special available somewhere...Anthony just posted one for Sea Turtle..
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

How many rooms do you need? Check this out http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/lastminute.asp; some of the villa's listed have deals for the Thanksgiving week. Have fun!

Lovermont
djmom

Post by djmom »

Thanks Lovermont. There are a few that might work.

We are hustling to find something. Obviously there is a reasonable amount available, but we want a good deal...

I have sent out a few emails, just waiting to hear back. UGH. Ned usually does this but he is really busy...
CJP

Post by CJP »

Vacation Vistas has "Hibiscus Garden" available they quoted me around $2000.00 with all of the taxes recently.
SS in NC

Post by SS in NC »

Hi djmom, If you're near Johnston County NC, Canine Connection may have room to board...Good Luck in your search. Scott
djmom

Post by djmom »

SS-no we are in Charlotte. But thanks!

This may actually be a blessing in disguise. We have been paying $35 a night for our stupid ass dog to board. I found a place today for $17.50 that is not far away at all.

It is simple, but seems fine, nice enough people. Outdoor run, but has indoor heat and ac.

Cheaper for the cat too.

This is going to save me big bucks if this place works out!