St. John Dreaming

Travel discussion for St. John
Gromit

St. John Dreaming

Post by Gromit »

Well folks it's exactly 32F in Northern VA with light snow falling, 93% humidity and winds out of the north at 6 mph. The Federal Govt shut down less than an hour ago and an ice storm is expected overnight.

And all I can think about is my toes in the soft, silky sand of Maho Bay; a good burger, a corona and a Ben and Jerry's ice cream bar at Skinny Legs; that glorious winding drive on the Northshore road and the feel of the Caribbean sun on my face.

If all the flights weren't cancelled I'd be grabbin my flip flops, a bathing suit, sunglasses and my Amex and heading for the airport. I'd figure the rest out later.

Looking out my office window the traffic looks like hell.

Only 289 days to go... and it seems like a lifetime...
*Another fine scatterbrained production
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

That sounds pretty darn good about now!
We are heading to Key West on Thursday which should be good .. it's not STJ but I will take it to pass the time ;)
FlaGeorge

Re: St. John Dreaming

Post by FlaGeorge »

Gromit wrote: Only 289 days to go... and it seems like a lifetime...
Not to worry Gromit – we started at 280-something days too and we’re almost there. The good folks on the forum will help you pass the time.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I'm with you Gromit! I am looking out my office window at the snow and sludge here in Boston, and know that it is going to get icier later...blah! I'd rather be on St. John snorkeling with the turtles.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

At least you have a date you can look forward to I'm just trying to get someone to go with me might have to go by myself. I even offered to to pick up the tab and no luck yet.
Tom