Island Time Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
HughA

Island Time Villa

Post by HughA »

Has anyone stayed at this villa or have any first hand knowledge?
Thank you.
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I stayed there last February and LOVED it!!! It is perfect for 2 couples and has the most gorgeous view.
Both bedrooms are queen size and one is in a separate cabana-like building attached to the main house. That room has both indoor and outdoor showers. The pool was built last fall and is beautiful (though not too large. Not good for laps but great for hanging out with a cocktail). There is also a hot tub which we loved in the evening. The inside of the house is well maintained but the living room is small but doable. There's a small couch (wicker) and a couple of chairs and coffee table.
A small bar for eating, but we ate outside all the time.
There's a flat scree TV and adequate audio system. I think there's also a DVD player. I would stay at Island Time in a heart beat. You can't beat the view or location and it is very well appointed. Newly painted and very sweet. Grab it while the prices are good.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

Would there be room/option for a 5th person (a child)? A rollaway bed option?

I'm starting the hunt for next summer and need to sleep 5.

I'm not very happy with Caribbean Villas though...
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

Depending on how young the child a rollaway could fit in the bedrooms I think. I guess you could even do it in the living room and roll the bed into the bedroom in the day. I know how you feel about CA but they're the only agents who handle Island Time. They were ok. The house was find so we really didn't need them except to help with the safe which we wound up not using. Just be aware that the house isn't large. Good for 4 but 5 is really pushing it.
HughA

Island Time

Post by HughA »

Thanks so much for the info. Do you recall what kind of air conditioning it had?
Thanks,
Hugh
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I know for sure both bedrooms were air conditioned but I think the living room/kitchen were also air conditioned. It was very comfortable, that much I do remember.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Where is the pool located? Is it close to the deck or do you have to walk down to access it?
DnD

Post by DnD »

Glad to see the positive comments above since we are staying at Island Time next year, looks like a great villa.

The description indicates everything is on the same level, no steps.
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

The pool and hot tub are located about 6 stairs down from the house. The bedrooms, bathroom and living room/kitchen are all on one floor. You access the pool from that area by walking down the 6 stairs. Wish I could post a pix (I have lots) but don't know how. For all of you staying at Island Time, make sure they have more then the 2 lounge chairs they had when we stayed there. You should have at least four.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

ihochman wrote:The pool and hot tub are located about 6 stairs down from the house. The bedrooms, bathroom and living room/kitchen are all on one floor. You access the pool from that area by walking down the 6 stairs. Wish I could post a pix (I have lots) but don't know how. For all of you staying at Island Time, make sure they have more then the 2 lounge chairs they had when we stayed there. You should have at least four.
if you'd like to email me any pic's I can post them for you if you want.
click the email button below.
Wissler6

island time villa

Post by Wissler6 »

I am thinking about staying at Island time for a honeymoon in the summer. The pictures on caribbean villa has the hot tub on the main deck but posts indicate that it is now where the pool is. Also, is there any way to get down to the beach and how much privacy is there? I am also considering cliffside and honeymoon cottage. Does anyone have any pictures of island time they can email me? This would be much appreciated.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Island Time does not have official beach access to Devers Bay. You can walk to Hart Bay, usually too rough to snorkel. If you're bold you could walk between Vida de Mar, Sunset Beach and Dream Come True to get down there.

Pipanale, look at Dolphin Run, more room and a great deal. No AC, but big breeze. Kids stay free. The indoor common area in Island Time is quite small. But, I really do like this house and would take the kids there in a heartbeat.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I stayed at Island Time last February and absolutely loved it. I have a number of pictures I can email. Just send your email address to me and I'll send a bunch of shots that best represent the villa.
pjs5388

pool

Post by pjs5388 »

Is the pool/hot tub private enough for clothing optional swimming?
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

There are houses above and across the road but I'm not sure how much they can see of the pool/hot tub/deck.
I think you'd be safe. It's worth the risk.