We made it

Travel discussion for St. John
Cyopath

We made it

Post by Cyopath »

after a horrific 8 hour delay at the fort lauderdale airport, we are finally at our villa.

time for bed and then off to see the island tomorrow!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

It's worth it, honest! :D
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

It will surely not disappoint!!!
Peace,

Lisa
RickG

Post by RickG »

Spirit Air?

We're taking our second trip with them tomorrow morning. The fun has already begun with problems doing check-in online. I was hoping to void ticket counters completely on this trip. With a 7AM flight and the fact that they are out of the WWII era terminal A at DCA makes me consider stopping by today and getting our boarding passes. This is compounded by the fact that we would have to pay an additional $270 for seat assignments. That's what you get for going as low budget as possible. At least the planes look pretty empty... that's good, right?

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
augie

Post by augie »

Rick - if you stop by and get your boarding passes today you'll probably be glad that you did.

This is a whole family trip, right? Are you still able to go carry-on only? I'd think that would eliminate a lot of your potential problems.

Good luck!
Come see us!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Ya, me and the the Rickettes (so named by John Brandi - Christine, Elizabeth & Anastasia). Carryon only, we are filling our Container Store carron legal bottles with sunscreen and girl stuff tonight.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Cyopath

Post by Cyopath »

Rick..

yes it was spirit air. they first said there was a delay because they needed to get a new plane. that pushed it back a couple hours. then about every 45 mins they pushed it back another hour due to weather in new york.

as far as checking bags, everything went ok. we paid the extra to pick seats as well. in vegas their ticket counter is rather small and not many people there. took all of five minutes to check backs. and amazingly enough they all made it.

as far as the fee to check bags, let the gate do it for you and not get charged. make sure it is on the larger side of the carry-on size and if its a full flight (both legs of ours were) they will check it at no cost to save room. but remember the 3oz liquid rules still apply as you have to get through security still. our plane looked empty on the web when picking seats, but again, both legs (LV to Fort Lauderdale, then to STT) they were over booked and asked for volunteers to stay and fly the next day.

dont expect free sodas, water, peanuts, etc on the flight! a soda/water will run you $3.