Unbelievable...-

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
mahojim

Unbelievable...-

Post by mahojim »

$400.00 per, for cheap seats at Fenway Park for the Winter Outdoor Classic hockey game???
Bruins vs Flyers on New Years Day.
Jeez, -the KY will freeze before I get it up the a**, pricewise!!!
PLEASE!!! Someone tell me that I'm wrong!!!
Out of control... :evil:
Smiles-
MJ
Connie

Post by Connie »

You get anything else for that price? lol
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

You're correct Jim, and knowing the Boston area that is probably the cheapest you'll see as time goes by. Some of these Boston folks are nuts and will pay anything to see something they want to see.

For me, I'll just watch the short version on ESPN and save myself a few hundred bucks.
Life begins where the land ends!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

If it makes you feel better Jimmy, the intel I am hearing is that there are going to be very few of these tickets for sale anyway. Season ticket holders are getting first dibs, and in addition a ton of them are going to be set aside for "special interests."

I think it is a neat idea, but I don't know if I would enjoy sitting outside at Fenway Park in January. Heck, I have to bring my winter coat, hat, scarf, and gloves to the April baseball games!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

most tickets will go to corporate goons.

$400 is cheap. people are being quoted $1000 a piece now.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

That would be $400 for cheap SRO.

I checked the Bruins site and they are guaranteeing seats for Full Season ticket holders and Premium members; no mention of "normal" ticket sales.

I thought these would be a nice Christmas gift - but, I think we'll pass and do our normal 6 or so games at the Gahden.
janet
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

did you get your chocolate bar yesterday? the, now, td garden, gave away thousands of choclate bars in a willy wonka-ish contest yesterday. 5 golden ticket holders get a backstage tour of the gahden then one of them wins tickets to ALL the gahden functions next year. man, that's be nice.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I wanted to go when my Wings played the Blackhawks last year at Wrigley Field and the prices were frightening.

Now that I live in the South, I should be afraid of the cold, but I have always said I think they should play more hockey outside. (But that's mostly because I don't like expansion teams. Well, except the Predators, because that means I get to see hockey.)
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Boston Mike wrote:You're correct Jim, and knowing the Boston area that is probably the cheapest you'll see as time goes by. Some of these Boston folks are nuts and will pay anything to see something they want to see.

For me, I'll just watch the short version on ESPN and save myself a few hundred bucks.
I'm hearing you,Mike.
I guess that's what we'll do as well...
I've never even thought of giving this sort of thing a try, but my Flyers are playing, so I thought I'd look into it.
STINKS!!!
I'm actually relatively disappointed about it.
Oh well...
Smiles-
MJ
Cid

Post by Cid »

When I first heard it announced, I knew the prices would go through the roof. My second thought was, "Who the hell wants to sit in Fenway in January?". I remember going to a Patriots game the second week in December. I think I might prefer the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field over the freezing blasts coming in off the Atlantic. I swore I'd never do it again and I haven't. It's one thing to be out in the cold and be active. It's another thing altogether to park your butt on an aluminum bench in January!
Still waiting to return to St. John!
http://facebook.com/cidsinclair
[/url]
augie

Post by augie »

For those prices, I think I'd rather spend the money to watch it on the TV at Skinny Leg's!
Come see us!
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

ooooo. good call augie!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

augie wrote:For those prices, I think I'd rather spend the money to watch it on the TV at Skinny Leg's!
I second that emotion!!!
When are you heading down again,Steve?
Missed you by a day or so last year...
Smiles-
MJ
augie

Post by augie »

mahojim wrote: When are you heading down again,Steve?
I wish I knew! Maybe it will be a last minute trip, but unfortunately, there's not a visit to STJ on the radar right now...
Come see us!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

hey Jim,

Just read that ticket info and availability details will finally be released tomorrow (Monday, 8/17) at nhl.com/winterclassic.
janet