Break-In

Travel discussion for St. John
hotrns

Break-In

Post by hotrns »

Well, I guess the inevitable has happened to us. Last night we left the Villa for Dinner at ZoZo's. After a great dinner, we returned to our villa only to find the door unlocked and the back door to the patio wide open. Looking around so far, we have determined they took about $300 in cash and 3 of our iPods. They also took some other minor stuff like a bug zapper and one of my daughter's shirts. The bigger problem is that this has left a bad taste for the newbies we brought with us. They no longer feel safe on the island. :(
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I am sorry this happened to you!

Call your management company, they might be able to move you to a different location.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Pia

Post by Pia »

I am so, so sorry - do call the management company and ask to be moved or for any help they might be able to provide and please do report it to the police.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
hotrns

Post by hotrns »

We did call the police last night and filed a report. Talked about moving for the last 2 nights but will probably just stay here. Thanks, Rich
BeachKitten

Post by BeachKitten »

I'm so sorry for you guys. I have to ask...was there a safe at the villa?

I wonder about those safes sometimes.
bevm

Post by bevm »

Oh no, Rich. I'm so sorry. That would ruin my vacation, too.
hotrns

Post by hotrns »

Yes there was a safe but we didn't put stuff in it since we were only gone for a couple of hours (dumb move!). O-well only thing left to do is get everyone back on the beach to bake the memory out (only problem is no music ... I guess we will all have to sing!)
lprof

Post by lprof »

I, too, am so sorry that this happened. A break-in/robbery leaves us feeling very personally violated no matter what is taken...crime is everywhere, not just the Virgin Islands. Hope all of you feel better soon...blue water and white sand...
... no longer a stranger to paradise
BeachKitten

Post by BeachKitten »

Dang! How many of us have done the same thing?

May sound corny, but there is no prettier music than the sound of the ocean. Really sorry that happened to you, hope the rest of your trip is excellent!

Have a drink and listen to the wind and the waves.

And I agree, it could have happened anywhere...

BK
Connie

Post by Connie »

So sorry that this has happened to you.

It does leave a bad taste in your mouth. Just as long as you're safe.

Sorry :o(
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
HughA

Post by HughA »

So, so sorry that happened to you. May I ask what villa you are in?
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Oh gosh, I am SO sorry! Our home was burglarized and vandalized last October, and it took me all winter to get over it. I'm sorry for what's missing, but more importantly, I hope that you all feel safe and can still enjoy your vacations! Big hugs to all of you!
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

hotrns wrote:Yes there was a safe but we didn't put stuff in it since we were only gone for a couple of hours (dumb move!). O-well only thing left to do is get everyone back on the beach to bake the memory out (only problem is no music ... I guess we will all have to sing!)

Where are you all staying? We are in the Chocolate Hole area.

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

mahojim

Post by mahojim »

You've read "I'm so sorry" a lot.
What else to say...?
IT F*#&*%^ SUCKS.
Rare event, surely, but it's as you said, -left a sour stomach in the newbies that you most assuredly promised wonder & relaxation.
So sorry, man.
Don't mean to harp on the negative, so why not take them for a relaxing morning/ afternoon with a picnic of Uncle Joe's Bbq to Maho?
Bring bugspray!
No more downers!!!
SMILE, damn it!!!,
Always
MJ
hotrns

Post by hotrns »

I have been trying to avoid mentioning the actual villa since it probably could have been any of them. Although I have to say I am underwhelmed with the reaction of the management company (they have never even come out to see if anything else was taken). By the way, we are staying in Chocolate Hole off Ridge Road.