Truly how bad are these hotels on STT for 1 night?

Travel discussion for St. John
Nic in KC

Truly how bad are these hotels on STT for 1 night?

Post by Nic in KC »

Ok, so in my trip planning brilliance, we arrive on April 28th and that seems to be the last of Carnival week. So, we need a hotel on STT or St. John for one night and we were wanting to keep it pretty inexpensive. I've tried all of the smaller recommended places and due to timing, no one will take less than three nights res. at that time.

So...how bad are the Best Wester Caribe, Holiday Inn, I think I've heard the Beachcomber mentioned, Bluebeards???
We only need one night and we can overlook most stuff except it being dirty or dangerous? Any pros to one of these over another?

Thanks so much! I'm still learning!
sitter

Post by sitter »

We just stayed at the Best Western within walking distance from the airport. It's perfect for the one nites stay! Clean enough...safe enough...try it!
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

The Holiday Inn, is more than OK. plus you get to enjoy downtown. We stayed at Bluebeards for 4 days last year, booked thru caribbean on line and it was great, $79.00 per night, during Carnival.

I've never stayed at the Best Western.

Sydney
SuefromMA

Hotel in St. Thomas

Post by SuefromMA »

Hi,

My husband & I stayed at the Best Western Emerald Beach for a few nites in April, 2005 & really liked it. - It is also just a short distance from the Airport.

Our beachfront room was clean & the beach is really nice! It was nice having a beachfront room with balcony to enjoy the lovely view!

At that time, the restaurant on premises served free breakfast (cereals, etc) - nothing special - (But, the price was right - as there was none). Don't know if that is still the policy.

The pool on the premises was absolutely gorgeous!! And you could even use it after nightfall - as long as you understood that there would be no lifeguard on duty.

We would recommend it. Only thing that bothered us was an incredibly LONG wait to check in. They did "comp" us some free rum punches - which helped.

So, just be sure (if you do stay here) - have your bathing suits handy - as you can enjoy the beach til your room is ready.

Good Luck making your decision!
LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

I ditto the recommendation for the Best Western Emerald Beach. All rooms are ocean front, and the beach and pool are gorgeous! The rooms are clean. It's certainly safe there. Close to the airport (1/4 mi) and a free shuttle to C.A so you can catch the ferry. We also had to wait to check-in, but it wasn't a huge deal since we hit the beach immediately and enjoyed some rum punch (or 2 or 5 or 8) :wink:
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

The Best Western Emerald Beach is great. Last Dec. we stayed there 2 nights at the beginning and end of our vacation to St. John. The pool and Beachside Bar was a surprise because I thought it would be run down but it was not. Having that last day on the beach before going home was perfect. Even swan with a turtle there. The check in was a little slow, rooms are not ready until at least 3:30 pm. We also has free rum drinks while we waited. Not a problem. They stored our luggage for us and we headed straight for the beach. The prices are very low also.

Good luck with your planning. Our next trip First week of Dec. 07