Charge to pre book seats

Travel discussion for St. John
theshopper3

Charge to pre book seats

Post by theshopper3 »

I have looked on the web sights for both AA & Delta to see if they charge extra to pre book your seats & can't seem to find anything.

Anyone out there able to give the details on this??

Also, what is the Miami Airport like for a plane change???

Tks The Shopper
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I don't think they have those charges yet.

We flew Delta a few weeks ago and did not incur any pre-book seat charges.

Have AA booked for November, and no charges their either.
janet
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

I just booked on United and there were no charges -- unless you wanted to upgrade to "Economy Plus".

Eric
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I'm a pretty frequent flier and think it is absurd to charge for seat selection. We're flying Spirit for the first time and I was shocked when I got to the part in the reservation process where they were going to charge us for seat selection. I can't imagine how that saves them money.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

I can speak for Delta, since that's the airline I fly 95% of the time. Delta does not charge you if you select pre-assigned seats, but there is a "Premium Seat" charge if you want certain seats (like bulkhead seats or those in the very front of coach). It seems to me like you could just pre-book an acceptable free seat, then arrive at the airport early and ask them to reassign you. These "Premium Seats" will be very clear when you go to select your seats.
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

alw1977 wrote:I can speak for Delta, since that's the airline I fly 95% of the time. Delta does not charge you if you select pre-assigned seats, but there is a "Premium Seat" charge if you want certain seats (like bulkhead seats or those in the very front of coach). It seems to me like you could just pre-book an acceptable free seat, then arrive at the airport early and ask them to reassign you. These "Premium Seats" will be very clear when you go to select your seats.
That was exactly what happened to me when I flew US Airways to Cozumel. I had preseated myself for free on a middle seat way back in the aft which was the only seat available. There was something that called "preferred seats" or similar, you could pay extra for and chose the day before departure. I actually did that and paid $15 for an aisle seat up front in economy and I found it worth every penny. But since I have a silvercard for Star alliance, I didn't have to pay for checking luggage, so I figured I saved some money there instead.

On the upcoming AA trip in late October I today noticed that some seats in economy were blocked for certain categories of travellers. The rest was free to assign.
Bob & Anita

Re: Charge to pre book seats

Post by Bob & Anita »

theshopper3 wrote:Also, what is the Miami Airport like for a plane change???
There can be some walking involved when changing planes in Miami. Whenever we change planes in Miami it seems like we always arrive in one terminal and the flight out is in another.
Bob & Anita
khud

Post by khud »

We had a connecting flight in Miami 2 weeks ago and had 10 minutes to get to our gate for boarding. If I had not known the layout of the airport we could've been in trouble. Familiarize youself with the layout before you go and on the morning of your flight check your flights for gate assignments to get some idea of where you'll be going when you land. Even though they sometimes change gates, at least you'll have the layout in your head. One time on a flight the stewardess asked the passengers with short layovers to be allowed to go first in getting off the plane and I thought that was such a good idea. I wish they'd do that everytime. It's just silly for folks to jump up and rush off the plane only to have to wait for their luggage while others have to wait for everyone in front of them to deplane before racing through the airport for their next flight.