F The Economy Trip Report - Day 2

Travel discussion for St. John
Boston Mike

F The Economy Trip Report - Day 2

Post by Boston Mike »

SATURDAY MAY 16TH – MINIMAL REGATTA AQT THE BEACH BAR

Ssssshhh. The silence of the island is over whelming with nothing but a few roosters and other birds chatting away. Here it is 5:30 AM and I am up and chilling on the front deck just taking it all in. Did I mention I was an early bird? I didn’t think so. Well, I am. Taking this in on my first morning was unreal as I was just in my glory. Out of nowhere I start to chuckle like a little kid playing with a jack in a box. The slider door opens and out walks Nicolle. Hair everywhere, pillow imprints on her face, and some tired looking eyes. Man is she beautiful. How did you sleep last night honey? She looks and smiles at me and says “like I was in heaven”. She asks me why I was out here laughing and I simply answered because for the first time in a few months I actually realized that I checked my problems at the door. It is all behind me right now as I am where I need to be. She answers with “its good to see Mike back again.” That little statement from her was very important to me. She really is my rock and keeps me in check.

NUFF WITH THE MUSHY STUFF ALREADY!

I took my daily 6:00 AM walk down to Cruz Bay to grab a cup of coffee from MoJo’s. I have to have my coffee in the morning. We hit JJ’s for a quick breakfast and then picked up our jeep at St. John Car Rental. Of course on the way to JJ’s a chicken crosses the road in front of us. Nicolle stops us both instantly and looks at me with a serious face. Out comes “why did the chicken cross the road?” I just laugh my butt off with never answering the question. Hit the market for some steaks and other misc. items and back to Lavender we went. We basically hung out at the pool until about 12:30 and got ready to meet sun4mysoul and her crew down at the Minimal Regatta.

Here we are at the Beach Bar and we got beers in hand. We walk right out onto the beach and there is sun4mysoul with her crew which is dubbed the TITS Tour (I’ll let her explain). I walk up to her and say are you Steph? Boston Mike here, nice to meet you. The introductions took place and we all hit it off like we knew each other for a long time. Nancy and Ron from VIOL then joined us and we basically hung out and watched the regatta, and drank, and drank, and did I say we drank. Ron, well he was out running around with someone else’s camera taking all kinds of pictures. I was excited because I had this new fancy video camera and I was ready to get some footage. Did I? Um, a little. Well let’s say a ton. I got little of the regatta and a ton of crotch and feet shots as I forgot to turn the camera off in between races. All you can hear is us chatting away and Nicolle playing waitress as she was making the beer runs. Yes, I am an Idiot. I know that. Somehow our conversation turned into “shit in a bag”. I’m sure sun4mysoul will fill is in on that one (insert evil laugh). Nancy and Ron went on their way and Nicolle and I and the TITS Tour decided to grab a bite to eat at the Banana Deck.

Lunch at the Banana Deck was good. I forgot what I ate, but it was good. We all sat around chatting it up and getting to know each other more. Joe (yes, the ones Steph had us stalk at the airport) couldn’t get the Painkiller name correct. He kept calling it the “PUNISHER”. I’ll take 10 of those. So what happens when you drink all day? What really happens is you become friends. Really, they are all a bunch of really great people.
lefdt to right Joe, hilary, Scott, Steph, Nicolle, and Mike

We said our goodbyes and headed over to Woody’s for happy hour. They were running The Preakness that day and Woody’s was doing a pool. Nobody wanted the last horse so another group of people egged us on to take it. I shout out, hey I’m jobless and got to spend my money wisely. So we take it. CHA-CHING! Yep, we won $130 and feel great because the day is now paid for. High fives all around the place and Nicolle still screaming out wooooo hooooo…..wooooo hoooo. Man is she the bomb!

WARNING – ADULT CONTENT TO FOLLOW – PLEASE DO NOT LET CHILDREN READ

Really funny story at Woody’s and not all that bad. Just idiots being idiots. Lets line this story up a bit if we can. If you have ever been into Woody’s there is that hallway the leads to the bathroom. That hallway has a pay phone in it. Well, there is this couple there and you can tell they have been at it all day. They are all over each other and sitting at the table just in front of the hallway. She decides to get up and start posing in this hall way. Doing all kinds of poses and he is enjoying this. Well, everyone in Woody’s is enjoying this. The phone was used as a prop at some points. Here comes the big finishing pose. She bends over (clothes on) with her head toward the bathroom door and starts shaking her butt for her man. He is all excited and dancing around. That bathroom door was closed which meant someone was in there and had to come out. He he he he…ha ha ha ha..Remember the old Batman show with the fancy word call outs describing the action. The door flys open and BANG! Lights out baby! Yep she hit the floor after getting nailed by the door. Not to be mean or anything but when that happen everyone in Woody’s let out a loud OH. Don’t worry folks, she was ok.

Finished up at Woody’s and decided to head back. Stopped in at the Beach Bar and it was nice and quite in there so we decided to just sit and chill and have a couple more drinks before we headed back. Just sitting there and I hear a “I know this guy” and feel a little tap on my shoulder. It was JCLAMPET from VIOL. Boston Mike he says and I respond with a “nice to me you clampet”. I knew it was him as we have been chatting with each other prior to going down. He introduced us to his wife Jody. She is sweet little thing and they are both very nice people. Basically sat for a little while and chatted with Jim and Jody. Called it quits for the night and headed back to Lavender to put day two in the books.

Mission accomplished. Steam was blown off.

Good night John Boy!
Life begins where the land ends!
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Great read! even if you are a red sox nut...transplanted MA girl here, living in birdland. Maybe the team kinda sucks lately but can't beat Camden Yards. You MA folks come in droves and spend lots of cash so its all good.
bevm

Post by bevm »

I love the beginning of your trip report!
You know it's a good day when you're so toasted that you have a meal and "forgot what I ate but it was good"!
Too bad you didn't capture that Woody's girl on video! It would have been a YouTube sensation!!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Fun report, Mike! I love the picture of everyone! Steph is so much fun! I hope you keep that video, I think it would be fun just to listen to the random audio and remember that day! :D
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

If Vicki had been on island and at Woody's, I could totally see her opening the door and clocking that lady on the head.........I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard.

Great report Mike.......I look forward to meeting up with ya all at Gillette in Aug.......
Congrats on winning the $130.00.......great when the bar bill gets paid......:)

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

You cracked me up again.

Sounds like a VIOL gathering might be in the works at Gillette in Aug.
janet
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Great TR Boston Mike. Makes me feel like we are there on the rock ourselves. Someday my husband and I will be able to hit all the spots for a cold one or two or three or four. Travelling with small one doesn't permit that for us just yet...soon enough!! 8)
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

This is Good Stuff. Keep it up.

That group shot at The Banana Deck is a Keeper.

- Ruth
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

I love the group shot too! Really cute! Fun, feel good report!!!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Classic Woodys story :lol: Can you imagine if those walls could talk the great stories they would tell. Keepem coming!!
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Mike, great way to get my day underway. I'm feeling the "so much fun" energy. Looking forward to the next installment. Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

A few more pictures from the Banana Deck

Joe and Hilary (the stalked ones)

sun4mysoul & Boston Mike

Boston Nicolle

Scott
Crazy people I tell ya
Life begins where the land ends!
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

What a great report...looking forward to more...thanks for sharing!
2FarNorth

Post by 2FarNorth »

Mike -

Honestly some of the best stuff i have read in a while, either that or we share the same Boston sense of humor.

- Kevin
- Kevin