Maho Bay Camps on the Today Show

Travel discussion for St. John
Kentuckygirl

Maho Bay Camps on the Today Show

Post by Kentuckygirl »

They are talking about St. John right now on Today..."Spring Break on a Budget".
Image[/url]
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

And they reported you didn't need a passport to travel to the USVI's.
ifloat

Post by ifloat »

We must silence them!
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

ifloat wrote:We must silence them!
My thoughts exactly!! :wink:
Image[/url]
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

ifloat wrote:We must silence them!
No fear... can you imagine all those spring break beuaties doing without private baths and straightening irons for a week... I don't think so :-)
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

I watched this while sitting in the dentist chair this morning (having phase 3 of root canal). I tried to mutter to the dentist and assistant that this is the place I love, but they didnt get it. Then I thought, oh good...hopefully no one else watching will get it either!
Rbaron721

Blast!!

Post by Rbaron721 »

Blast!! Tell them to shut the hell up.

It gives me relief to think that it actually takes effort and experience to do St. John cheaply. It actually get's cheaper for my wife and I every time we come because we know how to stay, ferry over, which grocery store to buy from, etc. I think St. John can be expensive for a novice?
Russ
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I can't imagine spring breakers at Maho. Unless spring break has changed from when I was in college, they'd drink too much beer and fall down that great big staircase!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
NoWorriesMom

Post by NoWorriesMom »

This has probably been posted before, but don't you find it ironic that we all come to this forum to talk about the places we love (thereby publicizing them!) all the while hoping they remain less developed, less crowded, etc. ????? :?
Lex

Post by Lex »

I wouldn't guess that many springbreakers watch the Today show, but the "secret" hasn't been a secret for years. I always figure that anything that I know about can't be much of a secret.

We first went to STJ in the mid-80s and it's changed significantly since then. I find very few of the changes to be improvements. But even then we met people who told us that we should have seen it 10 or 20 years earlier---before all the change started. Some folks who like STJ now wouldn't have liked it back then. And some folks who loved it back then have a hard time with it today.