Vida de Mar???

Travel discussion for St. John
byado18

Vida de Mar???

Post by byado18 »

I'm on the verge of making a decision for our trip in December..... Any info on this villa......found some great things in the archives but want to confirm

And what are your experiences renting directly from owners?

The runner ups are Beach Garden Villa, and Villa Rendezvous. Any thoughts on these?

Thanks, Bonnie
TropicalFocus

Post by TropicalFocus »

Hi Nancy -

Vida de Mar is a lovely villa. The living space is spread out and the coral beach is below via some steps. You have to go outside to go to some bedrooms. I did a great family reunion shoot there.

Villa Rendezvous is one of my favorite villas. It has a large centerpiece pool with the entire wall facing it that opens up. Access to the water is from a flat grassy area down a pathway and Klein Bay is a 3 minute walk. The owners just redid the kitchen and some other upgrades. There is interior access to all bedrooms. I first fell in love with this place when I did a fabulous wedding there.

I don't know about Beach Garden Villa but would think it is an excellent option too.

Hope these details help.

Best wishes,

Bob
benchill

Post by benchill »

Stayed there with a group of ten. Awesome place. Can hear the pebbles rolling back into the ocean after each wave. You cannot buy that sound anywhere.

Scot is a great guy. Don't hesitate to ask him or me, the hard questions. It is managed locally by Catered To, so there would be no issues with maintenance.
Ben and Lynn
STJ_gal

Post by STJ_gal »

Vida is one of our favorite spots - we have been there many times.

The coolest thing about Vida is the beach house is just that - literally steps from the beach - something rare and wonderful. Plus, it's on Dever's bay which is a very nice and small secluded bay, but close enough to all the goodies in town.
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Thanks for the replies...booked Vida de Mar!

Only 10 months!