Your opinion please

Travel discussion for St. John
cariblvr

Your opinion please

Post by cariblvr »

I just wanted to know if you thought I was a little bit crazy. Here it is today only 24 more days until I leave for paradise for 10 days, and I have begun to start laying out my clothes to pack. Going through the drawers looking for all of those perfect STJ tee shirts. I have made and revised my lists of things to bring three times now. My wife thinks I am a little bit obsessed, and to be quite honest with you I
am. In fact yesterday it was about 10 degrees here in Michigan with the wind just a howling. We were in our car doing some shopping for our trip, and my wife Lynne looks at me and asks me what I am doing. I had a Bob Marley CD in the player, and in addition to that
I had the heat turned up full blast. I had it coming out of the vents so the heat was blasting you in the face. I opened up my jacket only to reveal my favorite STJ tee shirt. I told Lynne it this is as good as it gets in cold MIchigan. I had my music, my tropical tee shirt, the warm heat(simulating the nice blast of hot air as you exit the plane in STT), and most of all having my wife by my side to share it with.

Regards from COLD, COLD Michigan,

Dave
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I hear you loud and clear, cariblvr. I'm here in Holland counting down the days too. One month from today I'll be waking up on STJ. Michigan will be well represented. Maybe we'll see you there.
cass

Post by cass »

Ha! This forum might be the only place in the world where this behavior is not only normal, but expected! Carry on with your crazy self!! :D
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." -Isak Dinesen
KatieH

Post by KatieH »

Crazy? I'm 7 weeks out and found myself rummaging through summer clothes yesterday... hmm... where did I put those flip flops? 45 minutes spent surfing the web for shorts/skirts/bathing suits/ jumping over to the St John Spice Webcam, back to the internet, planning my what shall I send ahead list...

need some beach reading material.....time for a trip to Drugstore.com for sunscreen, etc. Bullfrog or the spray on stuff? oh I'll get both..called to reconfirm Jeep rental with Dependable...checked flights...

now worried that in 9 weeks it'll all be over and I'll have DIF BIG TIME, but at least it will be April by then.....

I wouldn't call it crazy per se- more like a survival technic for hostages of the frozen tundra :wink:
carron

Post by carron »

All sounds perfectly normal to me. Have a great time!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Nope your not crazy just really really looking forward to your trip. To me thats half the fun of vacations the anticipation of the trip. We find every 6 months keeps the juices flowin all the time and this board sure helps too. To be honest we don't pack anymore till the day before, but if ya seen how little cloths we bring down you would laugh. Have a great time :D
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

Friday night found DW and I putting on our Swimsuits, making a BIG blender of Bushwackers, jumping into our hot tub, and talking about our trip to STJ - just 2 weeks away!!!

Saturday night found us in our Caribbean gear visiting our neighbors to celebrate "getting warmer" day. In Lexington Kentucky, Thursday was the day when average temperatures begin to warm-up - we're past the coldest average temps now and thought that's a good reason for a party! :lol:

Obsessed - heck yeah - but MAN it's FUN!

VI
tralei714

Post by tralei714 »

yes !!! I'm here in Grand Haven. 4 weeks from tomorrow we will be in St. John. Started reading desiring paradise while on the tredmill.
tothectothec

Post by tothectothec »

I leave in two days and my suitcase has been packed for weeks. I also started playing island music and wearing a sweater i have with palm trees on it!!!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

We are all enablers. Seems TOTALLY normal to me.

When we had our trip in November I packed at the end of the Summer. No joke. I didn't need any of our summer items until the trip so it was just easier that way ;)
joshua

Post by joshua »

No problem...
24 days, I'm 99% packed.
Cruzan rum, Chesney, forum.
Check.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Crazy just like the rest of us... :lol:
PSUWethr

Post by PSUWethr »

Nope, not crazy, just a STJ addict. We don't leave for a while and I am already thinking of what we need to pack. :D
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

Oh yeah - like I said, we leave in 2 weeks, and I'm

ALREADY PLANNING THE NEXT TRIP!!!!

VI
Boston Mike

Look at it

Post by Boston Mike »

Look at my ticker.

the wife already has the bags on the bed in the spare room with a few items in them. :roll:
Life begins where the land ends!