Any Neil Young Fans out there?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
mrsb

Any Neil Young Fans out there?

Post by mrsb »

Woo Hoo! Neil Young is coming to the Spectrum in Philly on December 12th. Anyone going to go? Tickets on sale Friday.

Wooooooooo!
When will I see St John again?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

who is opening that show? someone pretty good opening the NY show but I forget who now. Wilco? Yeah I think so.
sherban

Post by sherban »

I saw him at the Spectrum about 25 years ago...I think it was the "Harvest" tour...I had some photos somewhere...maybe I'll look and see...memory is a bit of a blur...

Back when I was invincible...ha!

Neil Young rocks, I was way into "Rust Never Sleeps" and "Live Rust" when I was in Highschool...

Enjoy!
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

I saw him in 1996 at the E center. My boyfriend at the time looked at me with surprise and said "you know I thought this would be a very mellow concert but he rocks" I think Iggy Pop opened for him.

"I sing the song because I love the man"
When will I see St John again?
JT

Post by JT »

i saw Neil at the Cellar Door on "M" St. in Georetown in about 1969. He was very good, though he did remind us all of a spider monkey with a guitar!
Saw CSN&Y at the Baltimore Civic Center in, I think 1971, and they did "Ohio" for the 1st time. It was right after the Kent State tragedy. It was a very emotional Neil Young telling the crowd that it was the 1st time doing the song, and that if we were going to have a revolution that it had to be peaceful or it wasn't worth having.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
RickG

Post by RickG »

There are some great live Neil Young and CSNY shows at http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/arr/ ... /5022.html - registration required, but free.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

I've seen Neil thirty or forty times over the years; solo, w/Crazy Horse, CSN, and other assorted groups of musicians. Never a disappointing show. The man is a genius... I'm heading a rather busy project that culminates in December this year, elsewise I'd be headed to Philly for the show... Hey Hey, My My...
Lex

Post by Lex »

He'll be playing at the Farm Aid concert this weekend south of Boston. There'll be a few other people on the bill, too:

Willie Nelson
John Mellencamp
Dave Matthews
Kenny Chesney
The Pretenders
moe.
Arlo Guthrie
Jerry Lee Lewis
Steve Earle
Nation Beat
Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
Jakob Dylan and The Gold Mountain Rebels
Danielle Evin
Jamey Johnson
Jesse Lenat
Will Dailey
One Flew South
The Elms
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

I will see him the end of October in Mt. View, CA. This is our 4th year. We visit our friends in Mt. View and check out this wonderful benefit concert. In the past, at this all acoustic event, we've seen CSN&Y, Dave Matthews, Eddie Vetter, Foo Fighters, Beach Boys, Jerry Lee Lewis, Trent Resner (SP?), Def Cab for Cutie, Metallica, and others (yes, I did say Trent from Nine Inch Nails and Metallica all acoustic - it was great!). It's an amazing event!

http://www.bridgeschool.org/events.html

We're still waiting for this year's line up to be announced.
NancyB
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

We love Neil Young here too. I have never seen him, but my hubby did in about 1993 and raved about how awesome he was. I should check to see if he is coming anywhere near our neck of the woods.

Have fun!
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I have been listening to "Old Man" alot lately...LOVE that song!