DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I just try to help. Don't tell Rick :wink:
RickG

Post by RickG »

The Off! Power Pad appears to be the same chemicals. It is driven by a candle instead of the butane burner. It looks carryon legal. Walgreens has them for $10.99.

Jorge, you know them skeeters will be gone by the time you arrive!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Amy

Post by Amy »

Skeeters definitely didn't seem as bad today. Went to Hawksnest today and on the beach there were no skeeters at all--we only saw them back by the picnic tables. They are still here, don't get me wrong, but I didn't get 20 bites in 3 seconds like I did 2 days ago!

Sounds like the Thermacell works great! You'll be AOK, Jorge.
bert

Post by bert »

No worries, they will be gone in 2 weeks if everything stays dry. If not, the flood mosquitoes have already come out after the last big rain & all you would have is the regluar ole mosquitoes. If they bother you, keep moving and don't wear any colognes or body lotions. Maybe you could find one of those infernal mosquito machines with a body mount! After you have lived here for 5 years or so, they don't bite you too much anymore.

peace.... bert
Pia

Post by Pia »

Only 2 years to go then :(

Pia
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

this is no joke, I have never seen it like this! They think deet is a sweet snack and an affront to their manhood! Mr and mini are a buffet! Baby and mama flip-flop are pretty much untouched, clearly we are not as sweet!

Got the a&d ointment trick from crystal and it seems to be helping.

Still it is a slice of heaven.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Experiment tonight:

Shorts and T-shirt in a DC-area backyard means 15+ mosquitoes at a time on your body - continuously. It really is just one notch below the worst day imaginable (May 2, 2007) on St. John.

After yesterday, when we did the Thermacell, I stopped at Cherrydale Hardware in beautiful North Arlington (by God VA) for the Off! (pronounce the ! as "Hah!") PowerPad Lantern.

First, the control. Yep, sit on the back porch for 120 seconds and the skeeters hit hard. I light the candle and run inside for 10 minutes. When I come out the skeeters do an occasional fly-by, but none land. It works!

I had to bundle up some of the evil neighbor's mullberry trimmings (agent orange would solve that problem) and I place the Thermacell out in the yard to see if it can save my skeeter bitten ass. Sure enough, the skeeters come down hard, until the Thermacell chases them off. It works!

Conclusion: both the Thermacell and Off! (pronounce the ! as "Hah!") PowerPad get the job done. The Thermacell is less fuss and muss, but the Off! pronounce the ! as "Hah!") PowerPad is legal for carryone.

I say hit the hardware store and by them all for your clothing optional pleasure.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

It sounds like pardice lumber is going to stock the thermacells on the rock
Connie

Post by Connie »

We just got sprayed here last night outside of Philadelphia because of the high rate of West Nile Virus.

US Virgin Islands spray on a regular basis?

This kind of scares me, but so does West Nile.

Although, when we were kids in NJ we use to run behind the fog truck (for mosquitos) and we thought we were having fun :lol:
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

bert wrote:No worries, they will be gone in 2 weeks if everything stays dry. If not, the flood mosquitoes have already come out after the last big rain & all you would have is the regluar ole mosquitoes. If they bother you, keep moving and don't wear any colognes or body lotions. Maybe you could find one of those infernal mosquito machines with a body mount! After you have lived here for 5 years or so, they don't bite you too much anymore.

peace.... bert
I really hope they're gone by the time get down there. I always ALWAYS get bit. And when I do they blow up to the size of nickels. NOT FUN!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Connie wrote:Although, when we were kids in NJ we use to run behind the fog truck (for mosquitos) and we thought we were having fun :lol:
And all this time I thought your avatar was a cartoon. It's really YOU, isn't it! :lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

When I use the theramcell belt unit it was about a 15 ft circle