Conrad Suttons parking lot

Travel discussion for St. John
arenee

Conrad Suttons parking lot

Post by arenee »

Can anyone that has rented a vehicle from Conrad Sutton in the past let me know about his parking lot and how hard it is to get in and out? For some reason I think I remember seeing it on our last visit and thought it might look hard to manuever for parking while in Cruz Bay.
sunlover

Post by sunlover »

We rent from Conrad all the time, and never had a problem with the parking lot. It's a steep "out," which might get a little slick if it's raining, but otherwise it's very convenient.

I also think you are officially supposed to leave your keys in the car, in case he needs to move it around (so people don't get parked in).
BeAsUR

Post by BeAsUR »

We rented from them end of July. We loved being able to park there at night. Convenient to the BB, Banana Deck, Cruz Bay shopping, Fish trap, Lime Inn, Woody's, Quiet Mon and many others. If you park theere after 6, you do not need to worry about leaving your keys- they close at 6 anyway. The hill is steep, but kids and I waited at the top and hubby drove it up to the street and we hopped in.
Here's a toast to you on the coast....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
LMarie

Post by LMarie »

We rented from Conrad this past June/July and every time we went to park in the lot to do some shopping in town, there was always too much going on and we couldn't get in. So, we had to look for spots elsewhere and one reason we picked them was because they let you park in their lot. Conrad and his daughter were very nice (Mom was RATHER grumpy) but we'll probably pick a different rental company next time.
LMarie
arenee

Post by arenee »

Thanks everyone!
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

We like St. John Car rental. They just got a new fleet of cars late last year and we've always had luck finding a spot in their lot. Lonnie and her team there are great.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
carron

Post by carron »

We always rent from Conrad Sutton but have never parked in their lot at night. Although it would be very convenient we're always unsure whether we would be blocked in due to the small lot size.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Ditto Gromit, for STJ Car Rental. We got a new Dodge Nitro last week without a scratch on it. The VERY nice lady behind the desk asked me to take the diagram of the car and mark any body damage. I said "every little scratch??" and she said heavens no, just dents, we expect scratches. When I returned the car she never even looked at it. In and out in 60 seconds. The parking lot is very easy to manuver and there was plenty of room. It's also very close to the Beach Bar. Another plus. I'll always use them. Sorry, but Conrad and his family scare me. :?
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

I know the OP was asking about Conrad Sutton, but I thought I'd add something of substance to the board for a change. Our only experience has been with Courtesy, and we've been very pleased with the vehicle and their service. Their lot is just past Woody's and is easy to get in and out of while in Cruz Bay.

I've read a lot of good reviews on the other companies mentioned here, but don't have any personal experience.
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

The only personal experience we've had renting a jeep has been with Courtesy Car Rental. They were awesome last May & we always had a place to park in their lot..very convenient & easy. I've heard good things about the others also.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

We love Conrad & Carmen. I have never not been able to get a spot in their lot (disclaimer: I've not be there "in" season - our trips have been May, May, May and November). August & June soon come :)

The drive, while steep, is rough so you get good grip even in the rain. If things look really tight you can get Conrad to park it for you. He's done this for me many times cause I am a big chicken. He's almost always around!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

we also had great luck parking in the St John Car rental lot over July 4 week