what I want in a villa...

Travel discussion for St. John
jp

what I want in a villa...

Post by jp »

A great high view with sunsets preferred (maybe even of cruise ships at night). Gotta have a pool and a hot tub would be nice. Need 4 bedrooms with a group of 4 teens. Must have a good stereo (have to tune into the Mongoose station at night).

This will be our second trip to STJ after coming last June. Stayed at Le Lapin over Hart Bay. It was ok but really liked our trips to the Coral Bay area.

Is there a property that combines Coral Bay proximity with sunset views? Off-season budget is $5,000 max for a week.

Looking at all the villa rental sites is making me dizzy!

jp
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

This is a bit above your budget, but wow: http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/bordeaux/index.html

Why don't you call around to some villa agencies and see what they suggest? Villa agents can suggest homes that have good layouts for your group type. That would be my suggestion.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Here's a new villa managed by Island Getaways http://islandgetawaysinc.com/acquablu.html It's not Coral Bay but it does look gorgeous and the price is right.
hawksnestbay

I do not know Coral Bay well, But...

Post by hawksnestbay »

Edens Whim is in Great Cruz Bay, 5 bedrooms off season is less than $5000. Hot tub and one of the largest pools on the Island. View in 2 directions.The Kitchen is fantastic, the Family Room has window walls that open to multiple Patios, and a kick **s music system with a great music collection. It is my Favorite Villa.

http://www.seaviewhomes.com/edens_whim.htm

South Shore Villa is in Skytop, 4 bedrooms, A/C in every room, an Infinity Edge Pool, and has one of the best 270 degree, "you won't believe how great" views on the island. It is also much less than $5000.00 off season.

http://www.seaviewhomes.com/south-shore-villa.htm
Enjoy your trip!
rody

4 bedroom villa

Post by rody »

we've used the same company for years. caribbean villas...they have quite a few 4 bed villas. check their site : www caribbeanvilla.com we've enjoyed Cinnamon Ridge , Tennis Villa, Ixora . imo, Cinnamon has the best view, with terrific sunsets. also check out La Bella Vita too ! good luck !
island boy

Also agree on the South Shore Villa recommendation

Post by island boy »

Top of the world location with views towards St Croix (i.e. Cruise ships at night). Killer pool and great sound system (with inputs for ipod) w/ both in and outdoor speakers. The villa also has flat screen TVs in all the rooms, a great library of books and DVDs, games, and high speed wireless internet - a must for the kids. As for the Villa itself, check out the video at www.stjohnrental.com

Another nice feature is the Villa backs up to the VI National Park, is located on the top of the mountain, and is away from any ambient light sources. This means incredible star gazing. I've yet to miss out on a few nights while at SSV under the stars picking out satellites.

Have a great trip!
Chet

Re: what I want in a villa...

Post by Chet »

jp wrote:A great high view with sunsets preferred (maybe even of cruise ships at night). Gotta have a pool and a hot tub would be nice. Need 4 bedrooms with a group of 4 teens. Must have a good stereo (have to tune into the Mongoose station at night).
Look no more! Sol Inclination fits your requirements... Excellent system with speakers inside and outside.
http://islandgetawaysinc.com/sol_inclination.html
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
KathyMN

Coral Bay villas

Post by KathyMN »

We've tried several locations and definitely prefer the east side. Try www.windspree.com. We've dealt with them before, and they "specialize" in properties in and around Coral Bay. Very nice people. We've never needed that big of a property, but they show several with 4 and 5 bedrooms, and in your price range. Good Luck!
Chet

Post by Chet »

Welcome Kathy!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
Knolmom

Villa

Post by Knolmom »

Hey Island Boy---South Shore Villa is about as FAR from Coral Bay as you can get. Very nice villa, as we did a walk through when we stayed above it at Sol Inclination, but I would not want to make that very long trip to Coral Bay from South Shore Villa more than once. Great views, and peaceful, yes, but thats about it for this place. Its a haul just to get to Starfish for groceries, not to mention the north shore beaches.
Just my opinion.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Sunsets and Coral Bay? No. Sunrise and moonrise, yes. The closes you'll get to Coral Bay with some sunset action is the North Shore and overlooking the North Shore.

With teens? I'd go closer to town with Great Cruz Bay, Chocolate Hole, Devers Bay and Hart Bay for sunsets.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

While not in Coral Bay, I would suggest Vistaero (destinationstjohn.com). Has a fabulous pool, hot tub, outstanding views (including cruise ships and St. Croix!) with sunsets visible from the deck. Just a fabulous villa!!
Paula

Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

After staying in Great Cruz Bay last year and making too many trips to "the other side of the island," we're staying over there this time.

The house where we're staying is on the East End, so apparently sunrise views are better than sunsets (I'm most likely not getting up to find out), but the views are pretty great from what we can tell. We won't have gone until November, but we're excited.

http://www.ourrentalparadise.com/st-john-4br.php
petepie

Post by petepie »

What about the villas in the East End area (Privateer Bay)? It looks like the Retreat might face N/NW, which could give you some Sunset views. I've thought that it looks like a pretty neat place. There's also Wild Jasmine north and south, which would give you lots of separation between units, but I'm not sure which way it faces (for sunsets). Points of View also looks like a good one in that section of the island.
island boy

Post by island boy »

Oops. I should have read the post more closely. I thought you wanted to be close to Cruz Bay. South Shore Villa is a distance from Coral Bay.