RickG's site for newbies

Travel discussion for St. John
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

quite true Jim......
I also will say I love how Rick mentions the greeting of Good day, Good aftenoon or Good night. Some islanders even say night night in greeting.
It is soooo very important for people who come for a visit or even people who have been coming for a long time to understand that people on island are not going thru daily life like people stateside do.
To a point we all have stress and the same stuff, I will say when I lived on island and would go to the bank and people visiting from stateside would not even greet anyone in the bank. They just wanted travelers checks or whatever. So sometimes the tellers would just move on to the next person in line and leave them waiting..........lol

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
Terry

Post by Terry »

RickG,
Great newbie report. Even though we've been to STJ several times, you still hit on some things we missed. Do you travel anywhere else and do the same type of format report? You're a great source of info.
Thanks!
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

Rick - Great Tips!! Not just for Newbies but repeat visitors as well!! Wish I had found this forum and your tips before we went down the first time in 2001. I don't often post, but I am always reading the posts!!
lionbarb

Post by lionbarb »

Thanks again RickG! Everyone is sooo right - you have been a great help to everyone with tips and suggestions. My husband even appreciates and enjoys the history you provide - having taught history for many years lol We all appreciate the wonderful and insightful info you kindly provide. Thanks again!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Thanks! More to come. MrB has something cooking for our next trip that should new and, well, interesting.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI