Hi

Travel discussion for St. John
NIKKI

Hi

Post by NIKKI »

Hi Everyone
A long time lurker here

I just wanted to thank you all for the fantastic information and advice you all give.

I am just putting the finishing touches to my trip its just me and my husband both in our early 40s
I am really looking forward to my first time in the Virgin Islands and this is what we have booked so far.
US Airlines flight from London to Miami 13th Dec 4 nights in South Beach.
AA flight Miami to St Thomas arriving 3:25pm 17th Dec ferry straight to St John (hopefully from CA depending in arrival time) we are being met by L&L Jeep rental from the ferry and we are staying in Sailview B&B in Coral Bay for 7 nights.
We have booked a try dive with Low Key and if all goes OK we are going to try and pass the PADI course.
I have ordered "Feet,fins and four-wheel drive" to help work out where to go when.
Then off to Tortola 23rd Dec for 7 nights at the Heritage Inn collecting car from West End booked with International motors and we have ordered "The best of the British Virgin Islands" for info and if we pass our course we will do some more diving here.
Then ferry to St Thomas 30th Dec staying in The Galleon B&B for New years and back home on 3rd Jan.

Hubby is a keen fisherman so I expect cover some other days activity wise, but other than snorkeling
and lazing I wonder if anyone has any other suggestions.

Thanks all
Nikki
Pia

Post by Pia »

Welcome, welcome, welcome (from a former Coventry gal :) )

You will love Sailview - we will be neighbours (almost) for your stay :)

Maybe we will snorkel into each other :)

Pia
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Wow, that's a nice LONG vacation :)
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
NIKKI

Post by NIKKI »

Hi Pia
I have been to the Coventry area a few times with work and funny enough we purchased our parrot from a breeder there.
I am really looking forward to my stay in Sailview
I looked long and hard and although we would have loved to rent a villa the prices with just 2 of us
were just too much.
Sailview looks lovely on the photos and Eileen has been so helpful I cant wait.

Hi Teresa
Lucky for us both of our companies close for Christmas
and New Year so we can spare the holiday time.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Welcome to the Forum.

We went with Low Key in May and were totally satisfied. Diana went into the PADI course with great reservations and an interest in diving "no more than 30 feet or so." During her first dive after certification, the dive master had to call her back when she went down to 75 feet on her own. They will make you totally comfortable with diving before you are done. Ellen taught most of our class and Andy finished it up. Plan on completing the PADI course and getting certified. You will be hooked.

Have a great time and send us some trip reports.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hi Nikki - Congratulations on de-lurking! :) It sounds like yo have a wonderful vacation planned!
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Sounds like a great time! The only suggestion I would make is to try and spend a little time on Virgin Gorda and maybe think about a day charter for island hopping as well. Have fun! I know you will!!!
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Welcome Nikki! Nice with a fellow European. We are not that many.

Seems like you have a great vacation planned. Hope you will have a good time! Don't forget a trip report and pictures afterwards :D
BAILEYBAY

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Hi Nikki You are going to love Sailview. My husband and I just spent 11 days there this past April. Mike and Eileen are "the best", and the views are totally breathtaking. I actually could tear up right now just thinking about how beautiful it was.....BIG SIGH!!!!!