Flights - Opinions/guesses needed

Travel discussion for St. John
toni

Post by toni »

I feel for you! I firmed up plans last week for March and while waiting on the villa confirmation I kept checking airfare prices. They literally went up $2-300 w/i a week, and after I booked they went up over night $160 for the pair. It was crazy and very nervewracking! We're booked for a cruise out of San Juan in December and airfare on that's gone up $300/pair too since April.

I can't imagine that they're going to go down. I think if you book directly with the airline and they do go down you'd probably get a refund. I saw on Orbitz that they have some kind of a similar guarantee on some of their flights that if somebody books the same flight later at a better price from them you'd get a refund.

Definitely check around- a few days before/after you're scheduled for the villa and maybe you can get a better deal-good luck!
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I would book all 5 people at the same time. I’ve seen flight prices change in a matter of seconds, so you could get screwed if you try to buy them separately. Plus, you’ll be able to see a plane map and pick all 5 seats anyway, so there really is no advantage to two separate bookings, unless you mind having to have your friends pay you back for their flights.

We just got back from STJ and I booked all four tickets together intead of having the other couple book theirs for themselves...I didn't want a screw-up where they accidentally got the wrong flight, so it was easier to do it all together.

As for the checking in online thing and checking bags, at some airports you can check in online and then still check bags in a nifty quick line. At O’Hare, the special line for the latter is usually much shorter than the check-in line.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
DuxDweller

Post by DuxDweller »

Well - I pulled the trigger. Thanks for your help! I couldn't bring myself to pay over $700 a seat, so we extended our stay for 3 nights and I was able to book Tues/Tues (14 nights)for $370 a ticket R/T. MUCH BETTER. Now I need to find a decent place to put up for 3 nights with the family. Any ideas??
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

Dux - what are your dates and where are you staying? - we will be there 2/7-17 staying at Rhumb Runners on the Coral Bay side.
Tami
Image[/url]
DuxDweller

Post by DuxDweller »

We'll be there from 2/10 through 2/24 and are staying at Hawksnest Villa on the North Shore by Cinnamon!
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

ooohhh... looks beautiful!

We'll have to get our own Beach Bar gathering going for 2/15. Anyone else with us?
Tami
Image[/url]
DuxDweller

Post by DuxDweller »

We're in. Painkillers Rule!