Child friendly villa with remote pool

Travel discussion for St. John
lsinden

Child friendly villa with remote pool

Post by lsinden »

Hi -- We are planning a trip for this winter for 4 adults, and 2 year old twins, and would like to find a suitable villa. I have some suggestions from searching previous posts, but would like to hear about any villas that you liked, that allows children, is more or less child friendly, and has a pool (a nice one that you can actually swim in!) but also has another outside area (could be a good size deck, etc) that would allow us to be outside and not have to police the entrance to the pool (as we do at some of our friends houses this summer).
Also, the babies are small enough to sleep in a pack n play in our room, or with grandma, so inside entrances to bedrooms are not essential
Thanks for all your advice!
Lorraine
Lorraine in NYC
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

there is a villa that provides a child safe fence around the pool. darned if I recall which one though. If I think of it i will post back.
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

I believe Choco Cruz provides the fence.
Paula

mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

aroobagirl

Post by aroobagirl »

Eaglesnest might work for you. The pool is outsideand down stairs from the main level. The third bedroom is down there. This house worked well when we went dow last year with the kids.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Chateau Margot has a great fence around the pool. We were there last year with our then 2 1/2 year old grandaughter and the fence was great. No worries. There is one Pack-N-Play at the house but if you need two I'm sure Kathy could round up another one. The master bedroom is huge with plenty of room for both Pack-N-Plays. You'll find Kathy great to work with too. Go to http://www.island-getaways.net/chateaumargot.html. There is room for 3 Jeeps at the house so parking is not a problem. We loved the location in the middle of the island. You're 10 minutes from Maho which is the beach that we loved to take the baby to. Frances is another great beach for little kids.

PM me if you have questions.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Two great houses I found in a recent never ending search for the perfect villa --- neither worked for us because our group outgrew them --- have a small twin bedded room in VERY close proximity to another "master" bedroom.

Sea Blossom - fish bay - http://www.seablossomvilla.com/

Amorita - choc hole -
http://www.destinationstjohn.com/amorita.htm
villafish

Post by villafish »

I am familiar with all the villas mentioned and Eagle's Nest would be your best bet.
<p> Half the fun of the travel is the esthetic of lostness.</p>
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

mayan sky fits that bill i think
*Another fine scatterbrained production
villafish

Post by villafish »

Mayan Sky doesn't allow kids under age 8. Eagle's Nest's pool is on the lower deck with a gate. There is also an upper deck that is the covered dining area.
<p> Half the fun of the travel is the esthetic of lostness.</p>
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Didn't pay attention to that.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
martini girl

Post by martini girl »

We stayed in Rendezview Villa overlooking Hart Bay...with 5 kids, youngest was 4 yrs old. Nice pool on lower deck (it was a bit windy/cool in the afternoon as the sun was only on the pool in the a.m.) We were there early February. It had an upper deck (outside of the main living level) that was quite spacious and had gated stairs leading down to the pool deck, which was also very spacious. 2 BR up, 2 BR down. worked great for our group. very child-friendly and close to Cruz Bay. Rented thru Island getaways. A very nice villa and affordable.
Good luck!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Check out Le Lapin II. I like the pool area there better than at Eaglesnest, we've done both. See TR at

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... .php?t=876

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
DiverDrew

Post by DiverDrew »

'Andante by the Sea' meets your criteria.

There are 2 bedrooms that open up in the main part of the house so you can control the exit to the outside upper deck which in turn features a gate that blocks off the steps to the lower deck where the pool and hot-tub are.

We just stayed there in May with our 4-year old escape artist. She eventually realized that she was only going to be able to swim if we let her.
Knolmom

remote pool

Post by Knolmom »

We stayed at Idyllic, www.vacationvisras.com several years ago with 2 yr old twins and a 3 year old also along. The pool is large and on a separate level from both levels of the house.Nice deck area outside the kitchen and living room.