Virgin America in the VI??

Travel discussion for St. John
Gromit

Virgin America in the VI??

Post by Gromit »

Spotted this little missive on MSNBC.

Now I'm no Warren Buffet and some scoffed at my suggestion that our dear fellow Caribbean loving Mr. Branson might well consider the Virgin's for his Virgin, but appears that great minds think alike...

Apparently his airline, Virgin America, with its newer more fuel efficient planes is doing quite well despite the airline industry trends and he's considering picking up some of AA's dropped biz in the Caribbean!

Oh, Mr. Branson please say it's true!! I LOVE Virgin Air and the branding couldn't be a more PERFECT fit!

See the entire article here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25263245/
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Robin in NC

Post by Robin in NC »

Interesting article, Gromit. Sure would be great if Virgin took up the slack, wouldn't it? I think Branson might just do it, too...

Robin
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I just flew Virgin America to San Francisco and back, and boy oh boy, do I LOVE that airline!! I also love Sir Richard! (whatta babe!)

He'd be so smart to start flying to the VIs!!
:wink:
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

We're getting ready to fly Virgin Atlantic vor the third time in Upper Class (what they call First Class). I have to tell you hands down this is my fave airline. Tehir level of service is unequaled by any of the other major US Airlines.

Their lounges are amazing and I love the fact that they don't take themselves too seiously.

Please Mr. Branson bring Virgin to the Virgins!!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
dehman

Post by dehman »

That would be awesome- I was behind your efforts and I think you deserve full credit for the idea!!! Maybe he'll give you some passes. If he gets a route out of Balt. or DC he will make a lot of people on this forum happy
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

This article says Virgin America is cutting capacity by 10%:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25209713/

Despite what the first article says, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about Virgin America starting service to STT. These are extremely difficult times for airlines. I honestly think we're going to see at least 2 major carriers file for BK by the end 2008.
USVISuzyQ

Post by USVISuzyQ »

Hummmm, i have been emailing Virgin for years asking why they do not fly to the VI. Looks like the suggestion box finally got full!

Sue in AZ
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

oh man i sure hope this is true. come on now Sir Richard we all would love this PLEASE....and maybe Sir Mick as my personal Flight Attendent. ya mon sounds good to me. :D :D