New TSA Scanners can see your private parts...OH NO!

Travel discussion for St. John
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

JT wrote:I want my country back!
Eh...That's what people said when teacher's first started leading kids in the "hide under your desk from the Russians" drills...We survived it, the threat has dissipated, and to the best of my knowledge this isn't happeing anymore.

Look, someone said these things aren't making us safer. Probably the same people saying that the war hasn't made us safer. Maybe it has or hasn't, maybe these security measeures have or haven't. Something (knock on wood) is working...It's not as if the folks who consider us "infidels" have suddenly realized their transgressions. :roll:

I was in Florida in April, and a story came on the Orlando news that they had captured a Jamaican native trying to get on a plane back to Jamaica with pipe bomb materials in his carry-on. The ONLY reason he was caught? The relatively new (since 911) profiling program...The profiler on duty who is obviously trained in human behavior/psychology looked at this man and thought he was "acting strange".

I have no issues with that, whatsoever. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear - and you will be laying on the beach with a Painkiller in hand.

What I have a problem with, is the government telling me "Click it or Ticket". If I chose to not wear a seatbelt out of my own stupidity, why should it cost me $40 (as it did last week)...Other than to generate "revenue" for the good old Ultra-Left State of Connecticut. Here, the more government involvement, the higher the taxes, the happier people tend to be. I don't get it.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

We have "click it or ticket" here in California, too.
2FarNorth

Post by 2FarNorth »

hmmmm ... oh well ... guess we need to keep up on "grooming" before we head to the airport.
- Kevin
larlardb8

Post by larlardb8 »

Haha 2farnorth...thats funny

Btw--I like your screename! :D
RickG

Post by RickG »

2FarNorth wrote:hmmmm ... oh well ... guess we need to keep up on "grooming" before we head to the airport.
We always trim up before hitting the islands. We want to look our best for the neighbors when we are sunning at the villa.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
2FarNorth

Post by 2FarNorth »

RickG wrote:
2FarNorth wrote:hmmmm ... oh well ... guess we need to keep up on "grooming" before we head to the airport.
We always trim up before hitting the islands. We want to look our best for the neighbors when we are sunning at the villa.

Cheers, RickG
Yes for me its not only the neighbors... but mainly to reduce drag and friction when we are "snorkling".
- Kevin
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Yes for me its not only the neighbors... but mainly to reduce drag and friction when we are "snorkling".

LOL...for me, 2Far, to reduce drag, I just don't wear my sun dress very often..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Looks like I may need a hot bath before getting screened Willie might get stage fright :shock: We have the belt law here in Ohio too. I wear it but don't want to be told I have to. No helmet law thank goodness. The left still feels I can make the right decision on that. Know it's the smart thing to do but I don't wear one and I thank them for leaving it my choice.
VayCay

Post by VayCay »

I think the "left"?! got tired of scraping exploded heads out of cars and the pavement when a helmet/seatbelt would have prevented that problem...but now we are getting off topic.

Only a few more days for me to click it or ticket on my way to the airport !!! :P :roll:
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

And while we're at it...THERE WILL BE NO TRANS FATS FOR YOU!!!!!
And no smoking in public restaurants...Which is okay with me, because I don't smoke and hate the smell...However, shouldn't that ultimately be a decision made by the proprietor?
VayCay

Post by VayCay »

lets move this to the OT forum :)