Colibri or Adante

Travel discussion for St. John
Ali

Colibri or Adante

Post by Ali »

Lurker here.....Anyone have input on these two villas?
Traveling with 10 & 19 year old and hubby too. Looking for a place we can really enjoy as villa gravity overcomes us very quickly.

We really love the Maria Bluff area but have never seen anything on Colibri.

Thanks in advance.

Ali
DiverDrew

Post by DiverDrew »

I've never stayed in Colibre, but we just stayed in Andante last week.

We chose Andante based on it meeting everyone's needs; pool, hot-tub, proximity to beach, views, a/c, at least two bedrooms opening to the interior of the house (to contain the kids), and a little privacy for my parents to escape the mayhem, all at a reasonable price. Based on compiling a spreadsheet of 500+ villas, Andante was one of three villas to meet all of our criteria and was the only one available for the time we wanted. It was perfect!!! High on the hillside with a great breeze, view of sunrise and sunset from the deck, rocky trail leading down to Hart Bay rocky beach, great supply of beach chairs, coolers, pool toys, and owner instructions and labels that covered everything in the house! Drive up to the villa was bumpy and steep, but not as bad as I'd been told to expect. Close to Cruz Bay.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. It would be great for your kids. They could handle the walk down to the rocky beach easily.

I'll be posting some photo's this week.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

I agree with DiverDrew's comments. We stayed at Andante last June. It was a great villa and the owners were very easy to deal with. Views were great to the south, east and west. Going up the road to get to the villa was dramatic but many of the St John locations have the same story. It's all part of the fun. I would definitely recommend staying there.