Thank You!

Travel discussion for St. John
Rachelle & Joe

family member loss

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

You & your family have our deepest Sympathy. Take Care !
Pia

Post by Pia »

I am so sorry for your loss - my thoughts and prayers are with you

Pia
CruzBayB

Post by CruzBayB »

I wish you peace in the days to come. I understand what you mean about the way this board helps so many times either as a pleasant distraction or as a reminder of the simple joys in life. Finding other people who truly appreciate a beautiful view or enjoy a moment of pure relaxation is not to be taken for granted in a hurried world. I'm so glad the regulars have been able to help ease your pain during this difficult time.
"By the time we hit Miami, the cell phones will ring and life as we know it will draw us back in, so tonight we will just continue to soak in the sounds, the sights, the tastes and the feelings of St. John."
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Barb so sorry for your loss my thoughts are with you. I to recently loss my dad to a lengthy illness and it was a blessing but your never quite ready for it. Live love and enjoy life as we never know how long we have. Glad our forum family can help thru the tough times.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Barb, I am very sorry for your loss.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Waterlily

Post by Waterlily »

Barb,

I know your loss and feel your pain. I lost my mother a year ago when she didn't recover from a diabetic coma. Some days the grief is still overwhelming. She was such a caring and loving person and I praise the Lord for the 45 years He blessed me with her. I have so many beautiful and cherished memories of her and how she unselfishly served our family and others.

I'm praying that the Lord will comfort you with HIS love and peace.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Blessings to you and yours. I hope some happy memories can bring you a smile every day in the midst of your grief. Enjoy your well deserved break in beautiful St. John.
St. John Lover

Post by St. John Lover »

Barb,

I too am sorry, and empathize with you, for your loss. And I too understand how this forum community can be such a help when going through a hard time. Plus the benefit of looking forward to something good--a forthcoming trip to paradise, and the good memories that that will add to your life--to help relieve the pain of loss a bit.

I loss my Mom when I was only 32 and my Dad a few years later. Mom's death was totally unexpected while my father's was a relief from pain but, as others have said, still difficult.

After several years, while the sense of loss never completely leaves, the pain does. The 'twist in your heart' type pain when you think about them or out of habit go to reach the phone to call them, or dream of them only to awake and find them gone, or just are going through something, good or bad, that you wish you could share with them because no one would understand like they do, eases and is replaced by a thankfulness for what you had and the rich deposit they left in your life.

My mom always wanted to travel and never had a chance to so now when I go anywhere--especially St. John--I feel like I'm fulfilling her desires a bit and mentally share my time with her; hoping she sees and enjoys. I know she's now someplace that's twice as beautiful as St. John.

It's funny because just yesterday it was one of my son's birthdays and I realized he was 1 year older than I was when my Mom died. I'm so thankful to still be a part of my kids and young grandkids lives and, having experienced a lot of loss at an early age, am very mindful that each and every day we have is a gift to be treasured.
Bill in Va

Prayers of comfort coming your way

Post by Bill in Va »

Hi there. So glad you opened your heart to us. Yes we are family on this forum. Can't tell you how special all of you have been to us during our walk and Barb we will walk with you during this time. I grew up in Westfield NY. Near Lake Erie. Sure like St John water better than lake water! God bless....Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful words. You all amaze me.