finally some good news from an airline

Travel discussion for St. John
lbrlwyr

finally some good news from an airline

Post by lbrlwyr »

I got an email from United this morning informing me that my flight to STJ in june was changed. Dreading the worst, I read further to surprising learn that they changed us from our one stop outbound flight (DC to Chicago to STT) to a direct flight!!

Thank you United. Now all I need to hope for is they don't ground 1000 planes for maintenance like they did yesterday!

Eric
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Now that is good news :D hope they don't change that one.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

That's great news! I'm curious about them sending you from DC to Chicago to STT. When we went in December we had to connect from ORD to DC (IAD) to STT, couldn't find anything direct from ORD to STT. So I figured DC had more direct flights to STT. I can never figure out how they set flight schedules.

Sat in the Louisville airport for 5 hours yesterday trying to get home, so I'm a bit crabby at United right now. :evil:
Teddy Salad

Post by Teddy Salad »

chicagoans wrote:Sat in the Louisville airport for 5 hours yesterday trying to get home, so I'm a bit crabby at United right now. :evil:
Maybe I-65 would have been a better option. :wink:
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Teddy Salad wrote: Maybe I-65 would have been a better option. :wink:
Absolutely! But we kept hearing "one more hour" or "45 more minutes"... so you know, you're never quite sure when to bag it and rent a car. It was worse for the guys I was talking with; they all had connections out of ORD. It was a mess.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Yep, there is ONE non-stop out of DC to STT, and you are on it. Even with a couple of 100K years on United I've never been burned by them.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI