Items left in villa?

Travel discussion for St. John
RickG

Items left in villa?

Post by RickG »

Have you had interesting things left in the villa for your use? This trip we had smoked Spanish Paprika. Wunderbar on our home fries today.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
jaq w

Post by jaq w »

We've always left Cruz Bay Rub - a little St. John magic.
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

A nice $100-150 bottle of 2000 Bordeaux!

Eric
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I always leave behind my spice kit for the next renter. Plus, any opened bottles of olive oil, liquor, etc., sunscreen... Plus lots of books. I bought tabletop fans for Cinnamon Tarn the first time we stayed there. I was happy that they were still at the house when we re-rented it.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

It is amaizing what people leave if you can get into the villa before the cleaning crew.
Tom
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

We pretty much had a fully stocked pantry with spices and booze. That was nice, although I'd wished we'd seen the olive oil before we went to Dolphin market.

When I left, I left a pool floatie shaped like a flip flop, sunscreen, bug spray and some pineapple rum.

(I know you are all trying to figure out how I left rum behind for anyone, but I bought more in Charlotte Amalie on the way to the airport!)
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Well, it is much easier to leave partial bottles of booze since we cannot fly with them anymore. I would try to guzzle it all down before we leave, but then I would have to start going to those stupid meetings and quit being just a drunk.

I appreciate the partial bottles of liquor that are left behind, so I will continue to leave my fair share.

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

We always leave opened bottles of alcohol and whatever other perishables we might have. In May last year, we bought this huge key lime pie from Baked in the Sun the night before we left. We only ate a teeny part of it and it was delicious and we couldn't bring ourselves to throw it out. We wrapped it really good and wrote the date we purchased it and where. It was a little weird to do, but we hoped at least maybe the cleaning crew would take it.
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

In an effort to lighten our load going home I always go through my "stuff", ie; sunscreen, bug spray, books for sure and anything else that I don't want to drag back on the plane.
I am always appreciative of stuff left from previous renters.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I left an entire care package for Paula (PSWLRW) at Cara Mia with a note to keep for the renters and they never got it :(
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

Actually I also left a care package for Pickle who was just after us at Le Virage last May. They also never got it!
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

Dominica - We loved you for trying :D
Paula

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

We drank a lot of what was left behind for us, so it only seemed right to leave some for the next folks.

Hopefully folks got it and used it.
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

susan & herb wrote:Actually I also left a care package for Pickle who was just after us at Le Virage last May. They also never got it!
Yes, susan & herb kindly left it for me at Le Virage but the villa was pretty well cleaned up and nothing was left when we got there...
Anyway, you can see how nice and gracious the folks on this forum are and I thank you, susan & herb, for trying!