Island Blues

Travel discussion for St. John
Lex

Post by Lex »

Chickadee--

We have that same perspective about Island Blues. It was a good place, but we've seen several different incarnations come and go in that spot, so we're hopeful that it will reincarnate. The place remains.

I get much more nostalgic about places that won't reincarnate because the place is gone---places such as The Kite or Dockside Pub.

i also am saddened by the demise of Nature's Nook and Sosa's. Sosa's had been around quite a while and Nature's was an institution. It's one thing when a new upscale venture doesn't make it. It's a different phenomenon when institutions like these start to go under.
Rachelle & Joe

island blues

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

Thanks Rick & Pia for updates ! hope u had a great time at the BB gathering !
RickG

Post by RickG »

Posted from Island Blues: It's a bad rumor. The place is for sale with 4 years on the lease and a likely option on another 10 years.

We are lounging while the kids horseback ride.

Cheers, Rick
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Great news Rick thanks
Tom
Rachelle & Joe

island blues

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

Thanks Rick for taking time out of your vaca to put this to rest !!! that's great news for all ! appreciate it ! Continue on !!!!!!!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

hope they stick around! ;)
good news!
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Good to hear! Maybe check it out tonight or tomorrow :)
JT

Post by JT »

Ok, Pete, It looks like Frodo lives! or whatever...
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

I always wonder how rumors ike this get started. I am also wondering why I didn't just pick up the phone and call Emily and ask yesterday!
-Ruth
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I saw the ad in the Tradewinds too but I assumed that there was a reason behind the sale that has nothing to do with tourism. Since they advertised that they are looking for a quick sale, I figured that they were probably leaving island for one reason or another and needed to sell the business before they left.

Restaurants close and new ones open, stores come and go, and people come and go. It is is not just on STJ, it is everywhere. There are many reasons for changes like these and I cannot imagine being upset over them, but that is just me.

I know that some people post that STJ is not what it used to be and that they need to find a new place to enjoy the true island experience that they are looking for. I dislike some of the changes in the last decade but for me STJ is a feeling and not a place, and a restaurant closing,a new one opening, or a stone monstrosity on the hill will not change the feeling for me, just the view :wink:
brenda

Post by brenda »

Well said, X.
Going "home" again October 26th!
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

Yes, well said xisland girl -- though the sentimental part of me is glad I atleast get one more time there this spring :D
Ms.Montana

Post by Ms.Montana »

I've never been there but it sounds like this place needs to be supported so it doesn't go under. I'll go there a few times in January to help keep it open for you all. It sounds like a great place and we are staying at A House Of Open Arms so it should be fairly close.
RickG

Post by RickG »

We saw JC and her man at Island Blues last night. Reverend Raven was rocking the house, even the kids were enjoying his blues. That's good because we are going to hear him every night, apparently.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Coden

Post by Coden »

Rick - it is killing me that you are staying in my house and eating and chillin' at Island Blues. :lol: But I of course am so happy for all of you!! Just a little bit jealous. :D
Coden